• sometimes

11 40.74%
  • other, which I shall explain below

0 0%
123 Last

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

Default do you pack your lunch?

do you pack your lunch for work or school? if so what benefits and problems do you find that are associated with that? what do you most commonly pack?
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I pack my lunch sometimes, though not often since I work from home currently. But I still have to do so from time to time for other reasons.

Generally the best things I think to pack are portables like bananas, apples, boiled eggs, nuts, yogurt, pieces of cheese, crackers and/or various sandwiches. I also used to carry sardines at one point, I went through a phase.

Of course, many companies make it super easy for you to carry junk food like candy, cookies, and potato chips in individual serving packs, but I tend to avoid that most of the time.

When I worked in a place with a microwave and/or a fridge, or when I took things to school with me when I was in college, I was more likely to take microwavable meals (soup, pasta, lean cuisine, etc.) or left-overs.

I've never been devoted enough to carry things like fancy little bento boxes.

The most common problem with doing this is that sometimes you can be tempted to spend money even though you brought your lunch because fresher food or restaurant food looks more interesting.

I usually do. It's usually simple things. I just made my peanut butter and blueberry jam sandwiches for tomorrow and cut up some strawberries. I'll usually take leftovers if I have them. I do run into the 'everything else looks better' scenario, but I am normally so busy that I don't have a break, so it's just easier all around.. and I save money and it keeps my weight in check too.
    "It is not length of life, but depth of life." ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

"Thought breeds thought." ~ Henry David Thoreau

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

I almost always pack my lunch because it's cheaper and it's a lot healthier than anything that I could get for a quick meal on the road. I pack my lunch the night before and prep for the whole week on Sunday evening (which is about the peak of my organizational skills!). I can't take anything that needs to be heated up since I usually don't have access to a microwave. I usually take a pasta salad, fruit, string cheese, a vegetable and some almonds... I tend not to get bored with eating about the same thing every day for lunch for some reason
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

*is now intrigued with the prospect of blueberry jam*

Mmm.... almonds, I keep those on my desk.. and string cheese in the fridge at work... I usually just graze when I get a chance, but that's more to my eating habits, so it completely works.

EDIT! Yes, blueberry jam is amazing... I got bored of strawberry... so I've been on a blueberry kick.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

I wish I had the privledge of grazing on a day to day basis! that's how I prefer to eat, but I am almost always out with someone else who wants to stop by a fast food restraunt and sit down for lunch

*nods* I understand that. At least you can get a salad but it's still not the same.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

and I boldly eat that salad while sitting in a restraunt from which I ordered nothing too ... nobody's dared to kick me out yet!

They wouldn't do that... the person sitting with you ordered a cheeseburger and a milkshake.