11 40.74%
  • other, which I shall explain below

0 0%
First 234

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

No, I go out to lunch.

It's a habit I got from my Dad. Whenever I'm home we always try to go out to lunch together if I can get out to his office.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

I almost always pack a lunch. It saves time, saves money, is more healthy, plus I know what went into the meal. People in my workplace often go out to lunch, but I do not. I do not care if they think I am antisocial. (I avoid most of the picinics and luncheons, too.) On the rare occasion I do go out to lunch, it is to meet with someone for a specific purpose.

As for lunch contents, leftovers are always good. Otherwise sandwiches, fruit, and yogurt are common. Soup is good in the colder months.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

I came across this from Men's Health (the guys that wrote the Eat This Not That books). This might be helpful for ideas since it has a dinner and then a lunch for the next day.

THE GROCERY LIST
    A balance of protein-packed meats, fresh produce and a few versatile extras is all you
    need to feed yourself well week after week.
    • Frozen Shrimp: 1 lb uncooked, medium size
    • Rotisserie Chicken: 1 cooked
    • Pork Tenderloin: 1 herb-flavored or lemon-garlic marinated (about 3/4 lb)
    • Bell Peppers: 1 tray tricolor (or pick out 1 red, 1 yellow and 1 orange)
    • Yellow Onions: 2 lb
    • Baby Mixed Greens: 4 oz bag, washed
    • Portobello Mushrooms: 2 large caps
    • Asparagus: 1 bunch
    • Garlic: 1 head
    • Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto: 8 oz jar
    • Avocado: 1 ripe
    • Mozzarella: 8 oz bag, shredded
    • Instant Brown Rice: 1 lb box
    • Black Beans: 12 oz can
    • 100% Whole-Wheat Fettuccine: 16 oz box
    • 10" 100% Whole-Wheat Tortillas: 1 package

THE PANTRY LIST
    Buy these crucial building blocks every couple of months and you'll always have them on
    hand to construct meals around the clock.
    • Reduced-fat mayonnaise
    • Dijon mustard
    • Low-sodium soy sauce
    • Peanut butter
    • Extra-virgin olive oil
    • Balsamic vinegar
    • Parmesan cheese
    • Salsa
    • Tabasco or other hot sauce

SUNDAY NIGHT'S DINNER: ROTISSERIE CHICKEN WITH ROASTED
    VEGETABLES
    • 3/4 bunch asparagus (about 8 medium spears)
    • 2 portobello mushroom caps, sliced 1/4" thick
    • 1 medium onion, cut in 1/4"-thick rings
    • 1/2 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
    • Salt and pepper
    • 1 rotisserie chicken breast or leg
    Preheat the oven to 400 F. Remove the woody ends of the asparagus by gently bending
    each stalk until it breaks — it'll naturally snap off at the right spot. In a baking dish, toss
    the vegetables with the olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Roast for 12 to 15
    minutes, until the vegetables have developed a light brown crust. Serve half the
    vegetables with the chicken and a simple mixed-greens salad tossed with olive oil and
    vinegar. Reserve the other half of the vegetables for other meals this week.
    430 calories, 36 grams (g) protein, 18 g carbohydrates, 25 g fat (7 g saturated), 5 g fiber

THE NEXT DAY'S LUNCH: CHICKEN PORTOBELLO WRAP WITH BALSAMIC
    AIOLI
    • 1 c chopped rotisserie chicken (left over from Sunday's dinner)
    • 3 bell peppers
    • 1 clove garlic, minced
    • 1 Tbsp reduced-fat mayonnaise
    • 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
    • 1 whole-wheat tortilla
    • 2 Tbsp shredded mozzarella cheese
    • 1 small handful mixed greens
    • 1 c leftover asparagus, mushrooms, and onions
    To chop the chicken, remove the skin and use a fork to pull the meat from the bones.
    Then place the meat on your cutting board and cut it into bite-size pieces — it should
    yield about 3 cups' worth. Use 1 cup for the wrap and save the other 2 cups for later in the
    week. Chop the peppers into 1/2" pieces. They should yield about 4 cups; use 1/2 cup
    today and save the rest in a plastic bag for dinner.
    Mix the garlic, mayonnaise, and vinegar together to make the aioli. Brush the tortilla with
    the aioli, then put the cheese down the middle, followed by the greens, chicken, and
    vegetables. To make a tight wrap, fold the bottom of the tortilla up first, then roll it from
    the side.
    400 calories, 43 g protein, 29 g carbohydrates, 15 g fat (4.5 g saturated), 5 g fiber

MONDAY NIGHT'S DINNER: SHRIMP FAJITAS
    • 1/4 c instant brown rice (measured dry)
    • 1/2 can black beans, drained and heated
    • 1/2 Tbsp canola or other cooking oil
    • 1 medium onion, sliced
    • Bell peppers, chopped into 1/2" pieces (left over from Sunday's lunch)
    • 2 cloves garlic, chopped
    • 8 oz shrimp, defrosted
    • Cayenne pepper, crushed red pepper, or Tabasco to taste
    • 1/2 tsp cumin
    • Salt and pepper
    • 1/2 avocado, thinly sliced
    • 1 whole-wheat tortilla, warmed
    Cook the brown rice according to the directions on the box, then add the black beans.
    Heat the oil in a large saute pan or wok over high heat. Add the onion slices, the bell
    pepper pieces saved from lunch and the chopped garlic, and cook for 5 to 7 minutes until
    the vegetables begin to brown. Mix in the shrimp and spices, and cook for another 3
    minutes, until the shrimp are pink and firm. Serve half of the shrimp fajita mix with a
    small scoop of the rice and beans, the avocado slices, and the warm tortilla.
    Reserve the rest of the rice and beans in a microwavable bowl or plastic container along
    with the leftover fajita mix, and use it for tomorrow's lunch.
    602 calories, 42 g protein, 71 g carbohydrates, 22.5 g fat (3 g saturated), 15 g fiber

TUESDAY'S LUNCH: FIESTA RICE BOWL
    • Leftover rice, beans, and fajita mix (from Monday's dinner)
    • 1/2 avocado, thinly sliced
    • Salsa (optional)
    Heat the leftovers in a plastic container or a microwavable bowl for 60 seconds. Top with
    the avocado and salsa to taste, if desired.
    650 calories, 37 g protein, 85 g carbohydrates, 20 g fat (3 g saturated), 16 g fiber

TUESDAY NIGHT'S DINNER: FETTUCCINE WITH CHICKEN, ROASTED
    VEGETABLES, AND SUN-DRIED-TOMATO PESTO
    • 6 oz 100% whole-wheat fettuccine
    • 1 c chopped rotisserie chicken (left over from Sunday's dinner)
    • 1 c roasted vegetables (left over from Sunday's dinner)
    • 1 1/2 Tbsp sun-dried-tomato pesto
    • Salt and pepper to taste
    • Parmesan cheese
    Cook the fettuccine in a large pot of boiling, salted water until al dente, about 10 minutes.
    Toss half the pasta with some canola oil and reserve in a container for Thursday's lunch.
    Combine the chicken, vegetables, and sun-dried-tomato pesto with the remaining pasta.
    Season with salt and pepper. Grate some Parmesan and sprinkle on top. Serve with 1 cup
    of mixed greens, dressed with olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
    490 calories, 46 g protein, 34 g carbohydrates, 20 g fat (5 g saturated), 6 g fiber

THE NEXT DAY'S LUNCH: ITALIAN QUESADILLA
    • 1 Tbsp sun-dried-tomato pesto
    • 1 whole-wheat tortilla
    • 1/2 c shredded mozzarella cheese
    • 1/2 c chopped rotisserie chicken (left over from Sunday)
    • 1 c roasted vegetables (left over from Sunday)
    Spread the pesto on the tortilla. Top with the cheese, chicken, and vegetables, and
    microwave open-faced for 1 minute, or until the cheese has fully melted. Fold over and
    slice into quarters. If you have time, try cooking it over low heat in a skillet or saute? pan
    for a crispier result.
    440 calories, 38 g protein, 32 g carbohydrates, 19 g fat (8 g saturated), 4 g fiber

WEDNESDAY NIGHT'S DINNER: SPICY SHRIMP-AND-ASPARAGUS STIR-FRY
    • 1/2 c instant brown rice (measured dry)
    • 1 tsp canola or other cooking oil
    • 1/2 medium onion, chopped
    • 1 c mixed chopped peppers (left over from Monday night)
    • 2 cloves garlic, chopped
    • 1 c chopped raw asparagus
    • 8 oz shrimp, defrosted
    • 1 Tbsp soy sauce
    • Hot sauce to taste (We like Sriracha.)
    • Salt and pepper to taste
    Prepare the brown rice according to the package directions. Add the oil to a large saute?
    pan or wok and place over high heat. When the oil is smoking, add the onions, peppers,
    garlic, and asparagus, then stir-fry for 5 minutes, until the vegetables have browned
    slightly. Stir in the shrimp, soy sauce, and hot sauce and cook for an additional 3 minutes.
    Season with salt and pepper, and serve half of it over the brown rice, reserving the
    remaining stir-fry for lunch tomorrow.
    592 calories, 36 g protein, 88 g carbohydrates, 11 g fat (2 g saturated), 9 g fiber

THE NEXT DAY'S LUNCH: THAI PEANUT NOODLES
    • 1 c shrimp stir-fry (left over from Wednesday's dinner)
    • 3 oz cooked whole-wheat fettuccine (left over from Tuesday's dinner)
    • 1 Tbsp peanut butter
    • 1/2 Tbsp soy sauce
    • 1 Tbsp water
    • Splash of vinegar or orange juice
    • 1/4 tsp black pepper
    • Hot sauce to taste
    • 1 Tbsp chopped peanuts (optional)
    Toss the shrimp stir-fry with the leftover pasta. In a separate bowl, whisk together the
    peanut butter, soy sauce, water, vinegar or OJ, and pepper. Add the peanut-butter mixture
    and hot sauce to the stir-fry and pasta, and mix thoroughly. Top with peanuts, if desired.
    Eat cold or at room temperature.
    530 calories, 43 g protein, 63 g carbohydrates, 12 g fat (2 g saturated), 7 g fiber

THURSDAY NIGHT'S DINNER: ROASTED PORK LOIN WITH PEPPERS AND
    BALSAMIC ONIONS
    • 1 pork tenderloin, about 3/4 pound (herb or lemon-garlic marinated, if available;
    check the meat section of your grocery store)
    • 1 medium onion, quartered
    • 1 1/2 c mixed chopped peppers (from Monday's lunch)
    • 2 cloves garlic, crushed
    • 1 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
    • 1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
    • Salt and pepper
    Preheat the oven to 450 F. In a baking dish, toss together the pork, onion, peppers, garlic,
    oil, and vinegar. Season with salt and pepper. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, depending on
    the thickness of the tenderloin (to an internal temperature of 150 F, if using a
    thermometer). Enjoy half the pork and vegetables tonight, and save the rest — storing
    both together in a sealed container — for lunch tomorrow. (If you want a bigger, meal,
    prepare 1/4 cup of instant brown rice, measured dry. It'll add 170 calories, 4 g protein, 36
    g carbohydrates, 1 g fat, and 2 g fiber to the nutrition information below.)
    350 calories, 37 g protein, 12 g carbohydrates, 17 g fat (3.5 g saturated), 2 g fiber

THE NEXT DAY'S LUNCH: ROASTED PORK WRAP
    • 1/2 Tbsp sun-dried-tomato pesto
    • 1/2 Tbsp reduced-fat mayonnaise
    • 1 whole-wheat tortilla
    • 2 Tbsp shredded mozzarella cheese
    • Vegetables and pork tenderloin, thinly sliced (from Thursday's dinner)
    Combine the pesto and mayonnaise, mixing them together in a small bowl, and spread
    over the tortilla. Layer the cheese, pork slices, and leftover vegetables on top, and wrap it
    up.
    480 calories, 48 g protein, 37 g carbohydrates, 16 g fat (5 g saturated), 3 g fiber
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

Lungs & Lips Locked Unkindloving's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    ENFj

I packed my lunch once a week during Fall semester last year. I live five minutes from my college, so it was only convenient to do so on that day.
    I'll likely pack my lunch 1-3 days a week this upcoming semester. My classes are 9am-2pm, which isn't bad at all, but I'm sure my schedule will fill up and I'll have to keep food with me.

Previously, I'd bring a lean cuisine, frozen fruit, hummus, and pita.
    Hang on traveling woman - Don't sacrifice your plan
    Cause it will come back to you - Before you lose it on the man

.:: DWTWD ::.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

2011 TypeC Exercise Challenge - My Weekly Goals: Cardio 4x. Yoga/Pilates 1x. Pushups 70.

There is this thing keeping everyone's lungs and lips locked - It is called fear and it's seeing a great renaissance

A window to the soul

I don't pack my lunch. I grab a banana and a bottled water on the way out the door in the morning. I run through Starbucks for coffee. I go out for lunch most days because I need fresh air and some horsepower to let out my frustrations, as I'm starting to feel burnt out!! 'Stifled' is more accurate.

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    2W3
    Socionics
    EII

usually. saves money and usually includes healthier eating choices... but how jealous do I get when people have pizza or some other fast food in the same room? XD smells so good!
    a little less conversation, a little more action please
    . captain's blog.

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

I go home for lunch. If I didn't live so close I'd probably pack one 85% of the time. Food from home seems to taste a lot better.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

I prefer making my own lunch. there is more control in the quality that goes in.
    9w?

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7

I used to pack my lunch but it repeatedly got stolen so it wasn't saving me any money. Then I just said fuck it and ate at Jimmy Johns or got a protein smoothie from that day forward.