• sometimes

11 40.74%
  • other, which I shall explain below

0 0%
First 1234 Last

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

true, true

plus, I usually have evil designs on selling them something after lunch anyways, so I'm very nice to them whenever I DO interact with them

somehow I'm one of the few people at my place of work who brings thier lunch... the only other people are the ones who I trained who are on my team... I didn't used to bring my lunch and it tended to run somewhere around $40 a week for food
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    ESFJ

Sometimes if i am bored, i'll prepare a pasta salad. Other times a sandwich (ham salad) and crisps and other times i buy out.

I am not adventurous when it comes to food as i don't like cooking. It bores me unless i've stopped smoking then i have taste buds again and want to prepare, cook and eat everything.
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

2080$ a year for lunch. Salad and almonds.. with Peanut butter and blueberry jam for me.
    "It is not length of life, but depth of life." ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

"Thought breeds thought." ~ Henry David Thoreau

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

I've calculated that I save around $1,820 dollars a year by bringing my lunch with me

and somehow smoking never dampened my taste buds very effectively... I smoked and worked tasting wine with no ill effects
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    and somehow smoking never dampened my taste buds very effectively... I smoked and worked tasting wine with no ill effects
    Why does that not surprise me, lol
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

I swear that I don't sniff things before eating them either

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

I take a bento box. I don't usually pack traditional Japanese fare, though. I have something of a "problem" with collecting the boxes and accessories so I try to put them to use as often as possible. I don't see much in the way of problems with it, it saves money and I know what I'm eating. I do make and freeze ahead and use a lot of ready to go stuff. I like things like chicken buns, mini fraittas and casseroles, yakatori and skewered shrimp. I always pack fresh fruits and veggies too. I made grilled chicken and veggies tonight. Tomorrow I will stuff them in a pita with spinach and red leaf lettuce from my garden. I try to keep a few rules for lunches - lots of color, low on the carb count and I always take a small treat.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Sometimes pack lunch / sometimes buy it. Depends on my mood and what I have on stock. More often than not, I bring my own lunch but do go out about once a week to break up the routine.

I have access to a microwave / fridge at work which gives more more options but I'm too lazy to pack anything that's going to require alot of cutting or pre-prep.

Most commonly I bring stuff like leftovers, Lean Cuisines, yogurt, fruit, carrot sticks, crackers, nuts, or granola bars. Stuff that's healthy and easy to pack.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    2w3

When I was in school, I brought the same thing for lunch everyday pretty much. Peanut butter or chicken sandwich, an apple, and a bag of pretzels or baked chips. When I started working I did not actually have a lunch break, so I started packing smaller things like almonds, fruit snacks, baby carrots, and the like instead of a sandwich. I always found it cheaper to bring my lunch instead of going out for fast food, or trying to find something at the school cafeteria. It was healthier too.

My work has a stocked kitchen with things like protein bars, chips, fruit, peanut butter, snacks, drinks, etc. so I try not to buy lunch more than once a week. Unfortunately my coworkers at the new job love going out for lunch and I feel like I need to go more than I want to so they don't realize I'm antisocial. But blowing $60 or $70 a week on lunch seems like a waste to me.
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Johari
    /Nohari