User Tag List

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Default Juicers! What do you recommend?

I want to get into this.. I got a recipe book that made me totally stoked on the whole thing.. but .. I don't wanna throw my money on a juicer and it turns out it sucks and doesn't actually pull a lot of juice out of the thing.

So what machine do you have, and do you like it??
    Also, any tips on making juicing easier? Should I dice up the foods first or throw them in whole?
    Any recipes you happen to like? I'd like to stick to mostly veggies with fruits for flavoring.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

I don't have any brand recommendations, but I did some research a few years ago, and I remember what you choose can depend on what you're trying to juice. If you are trying to juice things like wheat grass and lemon grass, you'll have to pony up for an auger style juicer.

MBTI
    INFP

I have one of these:

I haven't read up too much on juicing technology though, so juice nazis are probably looking down their healthy noses at me right now. It's convenient because you can drop a whole apple in there no worries, and you can line the pulp-catcher with a plastic shopping back so when you're done you just lift it out and throw it in the bin. Just make sure you clean the fucker right away every time you use it -- don't do what I do and promise yourself you'll clean it after you've enjoyed your delicious juice, or tonight, or first thing tomorrow. At the moment my juicer is doubling as a composter.

My favourite recipe: 4 carrots, half an apple (fuji best imo), 2 sticks celery, half a beetroot. Peel carrots and beetroot first for best effect.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

Why juice?

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by JivinJeffJones View Post
    I have one of these:

I haven't read up too much on juicing technology though, so juice nazis are probably looking down their healthy noses at me right now. It's convenient because you can drop a whole apple in there no worries, and you can line the pulp-catcher with a plastic shopping back so when you're done you just lift it out and throw it in the bin. Just make sure you clean the fucker right away every time you use it -- don't do what I do and promise yourself you'll clean it after you've enjoyed your delicious juice, or tonight, or first thing tomorrow. At the moment my juicer is doubling as a composter.

My favourite recipe: 4 carrots, half an apple (fuji best imo), 2 sticks celery, half a beetroot. Peel carrots and beetroot first for best effect.
    The recipe sounds awesome. <3 And the benefit of just throwing the pulp away sounds AWESOME too! <3 :3 I'll have to keep an eye out. Ive been reading about how manual juicers are supposedly better? but that sounds suspiciously like work.. and lord knows I dont wanna work for my nutrition. Otherwise I wouldnt be juicing in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    Why juice?
    Why not? It seems like an awesome way to consume things, and I was thinking about all the potential uses of the pulp--like sticking it in spaghetti sauce for example.. or making salsa. :3 It is just something new to try is all.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

It just seems a better way to spike insulin levels, but then again, I'm a carb hater.

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    It just seems a better way to spike insulin levels, but then again, I'm a carb hater.
    Your avatar makes more sense now.

MBTI
    INFP

I have never seen a juicer that lasted more then 2 years, Still prefer just a small table vice and some towels around the pulp and a bucket underneath, I got the idea from a trip to a cider mill.