• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Juicers! What do you recommend?

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
I want to get into this.. I got a recipe book that made me totally stoked on the whole thing.. but .. I don't wanna throw my money on a juicer and it turns out it sucks and doesn't actually pull a lot of juice out of the thing.

So what machine do you have, and do you like it??
Also, any tips on making juicing easier? Should I dice up the foods first or throw them in whole?
Any recipes you happen to like? I'd like to stick to mostly veggies with fruits for flavoring.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I don't have any brand recommendations, but I did some research a few years ago, and I remember what you choose can depend on what you're trying to juice. If you are trying to juice things like wheat grass and lemon grass, you'll have to pony up for an auger style juicer.

JivinJeffJones

MBTI Type
INFP
I have one of these:
Commercial-Breville-Juicer.jpg

I haven't read up too much on juicing technology though, so juice nazis are probably looking down their healthy noses at me right now. It's convenient because you can drop a whole apple in there no worries, and you can line the pulp-catcher with a plastic shopping back so when you're done you just lift it out and throw it in the bin. Just make sure you clean the fucker right away every time you use it -- don't do what I do and promise yourself you'll clean it after you've enjoyed your delicious juice, or tonight, or first thing tomorrow. At the moment my juicer is doubling as a composter.

My favourite recipe: 4 carrots, half an apple (fuji best imo), 2 sticks celery, half a beetroot. Peel carrots and beetroot first for best effect.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
I have one of these:
Commercial-Breville-Juicer.jpg

I haven't read up too much on juicing technology though, so juice nazis are probably looking down their healthy noses at me right now. It's convenient because you can drop a whole apple in there no worries, and you can line the pulp-catcher with a plastic shopping back so when you're done you just lift it out and throw it in the bin. Just make sure you clean the fucker right away every time you use it -- don't do what I do and promise yourself you'll clean it after you've enjoyed your delicious juice, or tonight, or first thing tomorrow. At the moment my juicer is doubling as a composter.

My favourite recipe: 4 carrots, half an apple (fuji best imo), 2 sticks celery, half a beetroot. Peel carrots and beetroot first for best effect.

The recipe sounds awesome. <3 And the benefit of just throwing the pulp away sounds AWESOME too! <3 :3 I'll have to keep an eye out. Ive been reading about how manual juicers are supposedly better? but that sounds suspiciously like work.. and lord knows I dont wanna work for my nutrition. Otherwise I wouldnt be juicing in the first place. :laugh:

Why juice?

Why not? It seems like an awesome way to consume things, and I was thinking about all the potential uses of the pulp--like sticking it in spaghetti sauce for example.. or making salsa. :3 It is just something new to try is all.

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It just seems a better way to spike insulin levels, but then again, I'm a carb hater.

AntiZang

MBTI Type
INFP
I have never seen a juicer that lasted more then 2 years, Still prefer just a small table vice and some towels around the pulp and a bucket underneath, I got the idea from a trip to a cider mill.