• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Geoff's Welsh Waterfalls : Yes, he is suffering for his art!

Geoff

Lallygag Moderator
MBTI Type
INXP
Hi again all. I've just returned from a week in Wales. I took this shot on a hike in the Brecon Beacon mountains, on the aptly named Waterfalls trail.

I'm suffering quite badly as a result of this picture. It was pouring with rain, and freezing cold, and just after taking it... I felt my shoes go from under me on the slippery rock.. went to catch myself and CRUNCH, landed like a sack of potatoes on some rather unyielding rock. Two days later, I'm black and blue down a hip and elbow (ok, I'll stop moaning now!)

I hope the picture was worth it! Comments etc welcome as always.

2353406862_ccca6ee059_b.jpg

Geoff

Lallygag Moderator
MBTI Type
INXP
Is your camera alright?

Spoken like a trainee photographer! Yes, I managed to land on the less valuable hip/elbow combo and in so doing shielded the camera bag from my collapsing frame... :cry:

After I lay in a wet, freezing puddle, counting my limbs, the snow gently falling around me...the camera was high on the "oh no" list. The lens alone was nearly $1000!

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
Well the shot is increcible. I can't get over how perfect the whitewater looks.

Geoff

Lallygag Moderator
MBTI Type
INXP
Well the shot is increcible. I can't get over how perfect the whitewater looks.

It's done with a long exposure. Over a long exposure, the individual water droplets merge into a soft glow. This was six seconds at f22 in poor light (under the trees in rainy sleet). With a tripod, naturally!

nightning

ish red no longer *sad*
MBTI Type
INfj
6 seconds... OUCH! Dragging heavy tripod in snow/river does not sound like too much fun. But the photograph is lovely... :yes:

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
My son just came up to see what I was looking at and he said "I think that's a bit beautiful." I agree.

Edit: It's my new background now.

Geoff

Lallygag Moderator
MBTI Type
INXP
My son just came up to see what I was looking at and he said "I think that's a bit beautiful." I agree.

Edit: It's my new background now.

Awww.. it's worth it when someone wants to keep it as a background :party2:

alcea rosea

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Are you ok Geoff (after the fall)?

The picture is lovely as your pictures always are! :static:
You take really good pictures. :yes:

Geoff

Lallygag Moderator
MBTI Type
INXP
Great photo Geoff!

Thanks!

Are you ok Geoff (after the fall)?

The picture is lovely as your pictures always are! :static:
You take really good pictures. :yes:

Thanks, I try...

I'm OK, just a bit of bruising. Luckily there was noone nearby to see me fall on my face or I'd have badly bruised pride too (although I expect with a video camera it'd be a Youtube clip waiting to happen...!)

Lookin4theBestNU

MBTI Type
ENFj
Enneagram
2w3
Impressive as always Geoff:yes:! I admit I have a hard time feeling sorry for anyone who' just got back from a week in Wales and has been hiking on waterfall trails.' (Jealousy is a truly ugly emotion:devil:) I hope it happened towards the end. It would suck if the whole trip you were in pain:cry:. Take care :hug:.