• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Coffee Maker

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
Anyone know which ones are good? Mine totally broke this morning it had been shorting for awhile but I could get it to turn on by playing with the outlet. This morning nope, and it doesn't work with any other outlet either.
41JA4YW62PL._SS400_.jpg
that's the coffee maker I liked it, but I got it as a gift and it's a 100 dollars

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
my dad's good with appliances he's fixed my mom's sewing machine and kitchenaid from the 50s several times, and my mom is confident he can fix this so I think I'll get a piddly 20 dollar one until I can get it down to them.

KDude

I'd recommend a Keurig machine.. The ones with the little cartridges? It'll make coffee, tea, steam milk for capuccinos/mochas/lattes, etc.. I have another brand that does the same thing, but from what I can tell, there's more variety to the Keurig.

R

RDF

I get Consumer Reports. For $20 they recommend the Black & Decker DLX1050B (8-12 cup drip model with carafe); or for $25 you can get the Black & Decker Brew 'N Go DCM18S (1-2 mug to-go model, i.e., for a single cup in 3 minutes). Amazon.com has both, if you want to check them out.

If you decide to get something more expensive let me know and I'll check for you.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
my favorite...it's around $20-$30
french-press-coffee-maker.jpg

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I ended up going with a french press, since I am going to get the broken one fixed I didn't see the point in buying another drip coffee maker.

KDude

I have a press too, but it's too messy for me. [I'm lazy]

I mean, when you're done, you have to wash out the grains.. except, someone told me it's not a good idea to pour that in the sink. So you have to GO OUT YOUR WAY to drain it, then dump the grains in a trash can, then wash whatever little bit is left. Geez. :coffee:

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9

I mean, when you're done, you have to wash out the grains.. except, someone told me it's not a good idea to pour that in the sink. So you have to GO OUT YOUR WAY to drain it, then dump the grains in a trash can, then wash whatever little bit is left. Geez. :coffee:

But it's a totally superior cup of coffee. I have the same one LadyX posted. Bodum Chambord.

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Some of the kenwood makes are quite good. Quite the company.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
rub it in...i'm out. :/

KDude

But it's a totally superior cup of coffee. I have the same one LadyX posted. Bodum Chambord.

Yeah.. maybe I need to break mine out again. It is pretty good.

The Tassimo machine I have btw is mainly used for making espresso based drinks. I was wrong about the Keurigs.. they just make coffee and tea. It's OK, but it's nothing special.

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6

Life's such a bitch, isn't it?