User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    ENFP

Default I LOVE the outdoors.

No really, I do. I have never lived even remotely close to a city or town, and I think I would absolutely loathe it.

I love nature, especially in the spring and summer. Here in Wisconsin, it gets very, VERY green and lively. It can be extremely enthralling and beautiful.

I also really enjoy outdoors-y things. Hiking, biking, fishing, rock climbing, you name it. I just like to be outside.

Normal for an ENFP?

Another awesome member. Curator's Avatar
    MBTI
    eNFP
    Enneagram

i dunno if its normal or not, but I also love every last one of those things as well, and I am wasting away living in this city, hahaha...I miss my forested mountains...
    You are not powerless, you just need to accept your power for what it is, a part of the whole, no one man can save the world, but you can be a light to those who envelope themselves in darkness, The candle that sparks the inferno.

Springtime is awesome time. We're not quite there yet in Boston, but it's so so close. Today is beautiful and yesterday was beautiful, but it's still pretty muddy and grey.
    Your kisses, sweeter than honey. But guess what, so is my money.

I'm a very outdoorsy person too: camping, hiking, backpacking (including in winter), cross-country skiing, snowshoeing, landscape photography, and sometimes canoeing and kayaking.

Quote Originally Posted by HotpinkHeatwave View Post
    No really, I do. I have never lived even remotely close to a city or town, and I think I would absolutely loathe it.
    I live in the suburbs of a large city. It's tolerable, but barely. Of course, my backyard ends at a small 7 acre preserve area consisting of a meadow, stream, and woods. My preferred house would be in the remote mountains somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by HotpinkHeatwave View Post
    Normal for an ENFP?
    Going only by interest in selected outdoor recreational activities, one informal study says not really, although it did find that it's typical for INFPs to have a stronger interest in outdoor recreation than most types.

These types were most likely to be interested in the selected outdoor recreational activities:

INFJ
    ISTP
    ISFP
    INFP
    INTP
    ESTP
    INTJ
    ESFP

These types were least likely to be interested:

ESTJ
    ESFJ
    ENFJ

(This matches with an ESFJ friend of mine who stated that she doesn't like to go camping because she wants to sleep in a real bed, take a shower, use a hair dryer, and put on makeup. )

Intuitively though, I would guess that ENFPs would be interested in the outdoors and nature.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

^ weird, my enfj friend is the most outdoorsy person i know. she works for the outdoor recreation center at her school and leads hiking trips and stuff like that every weekend.

i'm perfectly capable of sitting on my ass inside all day without giving it a second thought, but i do like the outdoors and have fun swimming and hiking and rock climbing and all that shit when i'm motivated. i definitely like living in a city though, there's plenty of beautiful things to see here anyway.

Smile The City of God

The outdoors are a nice place to visit but I wouldn't want to live there. I am very happy that the outdoors have been corralled into National Parks with Rangers to keep them in order.

Cities are our greatest creation. And notice it is 'the city of God' not the 'outdoors of God'.

And notice, the first chance we got we moved the outdoor loo, indoors.

Of course for the Romantics, cities are sinks of sin or house the dark satanic mills, while the outdoors represent innocent and light.

But the truth is the outdoors are red in tooth and claw and it is only indoors that civilization flourishes.

The barbarians live outdoors while the good Roman lives in the City of God.

MBTI
    ENTP

I also love the outdoors. Can't really think of people who hate the outdoors..

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Me too. Except I have lived in cities.

Another awesome member. Curator's Avatar
    MBTI
    eNFP
    Enneagram

Color me a barbarian then...lol
    You are not powerless, you just need to accept your power for what it is, a part of the whole, no one man can save the world, but you can be a light to those who envelope themselves in darkness, The candle that sparks the inferno.

MBTI
    XXFP

I've gone on about 3 quick wandering hikes in the last week or so.

From yesterday...

Don't know how much it'll bend til it breaks.