User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Thread: Meatless Monday

I can't go without my meat for a day. How can you have your pudding if you don't have your meat?

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    Booo

That's not even half arsed vegetarianism that's like 1/7th arsed.
    Act your age not your enneagram number.

Quinlan's Creations

Quote Originally Posted by fidelia View Post
    Quinoa is extra tasty if you cook it with chicken broth and a squirt or two of lemon juice. It goes with all kinds of things, and if you like spices, it tastes excellent with duqqa or morrocan spices. It also is really good with anything that you would put in fried rice. My aunt uses quinoa as filler in meat loaf instead of oatmeal or something like that.

I wanted to like kale, but it tastes bad. If you discover a way to improve it, let me know.
    I tried the chicken broth, it was so-so. I read about the lemon juice, so I'll give that a shot. The kale is great sauteed, but the INFP cooked that --not me, so I'll have to ask him his secret. I liked it though even though my exposure to it is limited.
    "The purpose of life is to be defeated by greater and greater things." - Rainer Maria Rilke

MBTI
    ISTx

I set up a meat altar on Mondays and the rest of the week.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by fidelia View Post

I wanted to like kale, but it tastes bad. If you discover a way to improve it, let me know.
    I removed the stem entirely and only use the leaves. Saute or add to soup but I agree it tastes bad if the stem is left. Same with swiss chard, the leaves and stems are cooked differently unless it's very young.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

MBTI
    yupp

I don't see how not eating meat one day a week is good for the enviroment as a whole. I can however see how it could save you money, meats expensive and you can make vegetarian dishes for less with complete nutrition than you can make a meat dish with complete nutrition. You buy less meat over time saving money.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    INTP

Eating anything other than pure soy product is bad for the environment, because soy produces the largest amount of protein for the amount of energy & resources invested. In fact, the discrepancy between soy and other plant products is quite massive. If you eat anything that isn't soy based, you aren't optimizing your environment.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soy

God fucking damn this plant turns me on. What an incredible organism. We even have it's genome sequenced. Notice the proper name of the species, Glycine max. This is a reference to the amino acid glycine, the smallest amino acid, the most common, and the most versatile (glycine is not even chiral). The name literally means MAXIMUM GLYCINE! But soy is also a complete protein, meaning you don't have to pussyfoot around mixing different vegetables together to get all the essential amino acids.

Basically, if you stopped eating all other vegetables (and meat, of course) and instead ate soy, you would still make a tremendous positive environmental impact.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Mmmmm! With the exception of anything with beets in it, all of those recipes look delicious! I'm not a vegetarian, but most days I don't eat meat anyway.
    Masquerading as a normal person day after day is exhausting.

My blog:
    TypeC: Adventures of an Introvert
    Wordpress: http://introvertadventures.wordpress.com/

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Soy is an amazing plant, I'll give you that.

But all that popped into my head when I read this was, "I'm sorry hunny we can't do Steak and BJ day, it fell on Meatless Monday. =( "
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    yupp
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so