• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

what do you eat for breakfast?

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
most people aren't morning people, and tend to eat the same thing day after day for breakfast, because it's easier than coming up with something new each day. I usually eat half a bagel (blueberry or everything) with cream cheese and a strawberry mango smoothie. Though I drink coffee first thing in the morning before making breakfast. and sometimes I make things like eggs. but do you tend to stick to the same thing for breakfast or do you switch it up?

P

Phantonym

I always switch it up. Can't stand eating the same stuff for more than 3 days in a row. I am not a morning person, but a few years ago I started sort of forcing myself to have a decent breakfast every day to get some regularity with my eating habits after not having any kind of breakfast for years. I guess what I eat for breakfast is what most people eat for lunch or dinner. I don't do the toast, eggs, coffee and stuff like that, my breakfast is the biggest meal of my day. Light cream soup, stew, chicken breast or some fish in the oven, pasta, no fried food though. As the day goes on, the lighter my meals get. It works for me.

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
2 scrambled eggs, grits, bacon (cooked in the pan [pepper bacon if I have some]) all mixed together. Dashes of tabasco on top.

Some slices of rye toast on the side, and a glass of OJ.

I also like cheddar cheese toast with diced jalapenos on it.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I hate mornings and am not hungry before about 10 am... I usually down about 4 cups of coffee with a lot of sugar and then eat a luna bar on my way out to the field every morning :cheese:

Biaxident

Charting a course
MBTI Type
INFP
I hate mornings and am not hungry before about 10 am... I usually down about 4 cups of coffee with a lot of sugar and then eat a luna bar on my way out to the field every morning :cheese:

Wuss! :smooch:

A dozen eggs, 2 pounds of bacon, fruit of some kind, cereal, perhaps some toast or fried potatoes. Oh, and coffee, lots and lots of coffee... :alttongue:

FYI...monosyllabic words, and gestures, are par for the course before my third cup of coffee... Don't expect soliloquies, expect grunts, some scratching, and a groan or six. :thelook:

Eckhart

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
???
I have the habit to not eat anything to breakfast. If I had to choose, I would either eat a single dry toast or cornflakes (rather the cornflakes but since I don't eat to breakfast I don't have any at home). I cannot eat much at morning.

rav3n

Coffee. Can't do fruit in the morning since it gives me a stomach ache and anything else sits like a brick.

Oh and all you chirpy morning people, you've all got a problem. :tongue10:

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
Coffee. Can't do fruit in the morning since it gives me a stomach ache and anything else sits like a brick.

Oh and all you chirpy morning people, you've all got a problem. :tongue10:

who said i was chirpy?

Arclight

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Coffee , cigarettes and sometimes a cinnamon roll or donut

When I am dating.. I love to go out for breakfast. I consider it romantic for some reason .

Beorn

Permabanned
Oatmeal. Usually I'll throw some ground flaxseed in it for extra fiber. I'll also throw in some dried cranberries if I have them.

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
This morning i made eggs benedict and toast .. They came out perfect .. I didn't burn them ;) Lol

2 scrambled eggs, grits, bacon (cooked in the pan [pepper bacon if I have some]) all mixed together. Dashes of tabasco on top.

What is grits?

Falcarius

The Unwieldy Clawed One
MBTI Type
COOL
Either crumpets, chocolate instant porridge, or Marmite on toast

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Depends entirely on the day of the week. Weekdays when we are all at work/school I usually have Oat Revolution after I use the elliptical. It's the best instant oatmeal bar none. I have coffee and unsweetened grapefruit juice with that. On weekdays I'm off and ENFJ man is working from home, I usually make omelets or scrambled eggs or sometimes french toast or individual breakfast casseroles with fresh fruit and juice. He brings coffee and we eat in bed. Weekends, lots of breakfast burritos or stacks of pancakes, bacon or sausage, fruit and juice. I'm an early riser but not the most moving in the am person.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I switch it up a lot, many times I eat brunch rather than breakfast because I'd rather have some other kind of food than breakfast food, but I also have "staples" that I tend to rely on at home ...I frequently have coffee or tea first, I eat multi-grain Cheerios or some other kind of healthy cereal quite a bit...that includes oatmeal or cream of wheat (farina) at times. Sometimes I have poached eggs instead if I'm doing lower-carb.

However, I'm also a fan of toast and strawberry jam or marmalade. :D

If I got out for breakfast I like veggie omelets (like with spinach, mushrooms, onions, tomatoes, cheese) or bagels with lox/cream cheese...every once in a great while I'll make those at home with red onions and lots of capers.

Sometimes I just have a banana if I'm in a hurry.

I don't eat many sweet rolls or pancakes or donuts because I don't like to eat sweets in the morning. I consider that kind of thing more of a dessert than breakfast.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
This morning i made eggs benedict and toast .. They came out perfect .. I didn't burn them ;) Lol

What is grits?

Grits are a food that people from the SouthEastern United States traditionally eat...it's a kind of ground up hominy, maybe a bit like cream of wheat except it's thicker and more savory, you eat it with butter or margerine and salt/pepper.

We usually eat it with eggs, tomatoes, and maybe bacon or sausage, but some people eat grits by themselves. Many people even in the United States have never had grits - it's a regional thing.