User Tag List

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Default Exterior paint for my house?

Im being forced to change the color of my house. The new paint palette is more modern but it's like they're taking my childhood color away from me.

I obviously can't be very objective about this, so I need a sell-able, neutral but nice-lookingish tone.

These are the possible body/trim colors I came up with.. but here's the entire palette.

http://sommerall.org/index.php?optio...ral&Itemid=194

Anyone with taste wanna suggest something to me?
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

What's the "color palette" of the neighborhood? Are you painting because you are selling?
    "Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"When people see some things as beautiful,
    other things become ugly.
    When people see some things as good,
    other things become bad."
    Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

Taste is so specific to individual. As a tip, the larger the object you're painting, the more aggressively in your face the colour will be. So you might want to select a colour and tone you like and notch it down a level.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    Anyone with taste wanna suggest something to me?
    I used tones very similar to the "Tanbark" palette in my den, aka "Man Cave" and it turned out great. Those colors look good on colonial homes or Southwest adobes. They are neutral, and thus very versatile.
    --------------------
    Type Stats:
    MBTI -> (E) 77.14% | (i) 22.86% ; (S) 60% | (n) 40% ; (T) 72.22% | (f) 27.78% ; (P) 51.43% | (j) 48.57%
    BIG 5 -> Extroversion 77% ; Accommodation 60% ; Orderliness 62% ; Emotional Stability 64% ; Open Mindedness 74%

Quotes:
    "If somebody asks your MBTI type on a first date, run". -Donna Cecilia
    "Enneagram is psychological underpinnings. Cognitive Functions are mental reasoning and perceptional processes. -Sanjuro

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None

Whatever else you do, you have to use Red Cent!

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceBaby View Post
    What's the "color palette" of the neighborhood? Are you painting because you are selling?
    We're painting it because our house no longer matches the "colors" they picked. We plan to sell the house eventually though, so we need to choose something moderately attractive.

Quote Originally Posted by Metaphor View Post
    Taste is so specific to individual. As a tip, the larger the object you're painting, the more aggressively in your face the colour will be. So you might want to select a colour and tone you like and notch it down a level.
    This is a good suggestion. if it were up to me, it'd be bright colors everywhere So maybe I'm on the right track with these beiges. (not like they're giving me much of a choice )

Quote Originally Posted by Halla74 View Post
    I used tones very similar to the "Tanbark" palette in my den, aka "Man Cave" and it turned out great. Those colors look good on colonial homes or Southwest adobes. They are neutral, and thus very versatile.
    I thought the tanbark would be a good exterior color for practicality reasons--hiding dirt, dust, and pollen that tends to be everywhere in our neighborhood.. And because I'm very partial to darker, richer brown colors. Im just trying to keep our house from being shit-brown just because I happen to like it. I'm not sure everyone does. But I think with some lighter accents it'll be a good decision.

So taking Metaphor's suggestion of taking it down a notch from the decision I'd like of Tanbark being decent.. I'm getting Beach house for the main body color..

Quote Originally Posted by Tiltyred View Post
    Whatever else you do, you have to use Red Cent!
    Red cent huh? It is a rusty sort of red. :3 but I didn't really notice it until you pointed it out. So maybe some smaller accents can get a pop of color in them. Enough to keep it from being dull, but not too much color that someone can come say, "Oh I hate red" or something.

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

Banned

"I'm gonna put fur on the outside of my house. That shit's gonna look like a fuckin werewolf!"

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

so what about this idea? @_@ Our house is small and not very interesting. The small picture shows the bird's eye view of my house.. my little doorway is sunken in from the rest of the area (shown with the little dotted outline. Im such an artist.) .. Should I paint that a different color to let it pop a bit like the picture shows?