• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Exterior paint for my house?

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
Im being forced to change the color of my house. The new paint palette is more modern :( but it's like they're taking my childhood color away from me.

I obviously can't be very objective about this, so I need a sell-able, neutral but nice-lookingish tone.

Exteriorpalette.jpg

These are the possible body/trim colors I came up with.. but here's the entire palette.

http://sommerall.org/index.php?opti...int-palette&catid=48:architectural&Itemid=194

Anyone with taste wanna suggest something to me?

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A
What's the "color palette" of the neighborhood? Are you painting because you are selling?

rav3n

Taste is so specific to individual. As a tip, the larger the object you're painting, the more aggressively in your face the colour will be. So you might want to select a colour and tone you like and notch it down a level.

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Anyone with taste wanna suggest something to me?

I used tones very similar to the "Tanbark" palette in my den, aka "Man Cave" and it turned out great. Those colors look good on colonial homes or Southwest adobes. They are neutral, and thus very versatile.

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Whatever else you do, you have to use Red Cent!

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
What's the "color palette" of the neighborhood? Are you painting because you are selling?

We're painting it because our house no longer matches the "colors" they picked. We plan to sell the house eventually though, so we need to choose something moderately attractive.

Taste is so specific to individual. As a tip, the larger the object you're painting, the more aggressively in your face the colour will be. So you might want to select a colour and tone you like and notch it down a level.

This is a good suggestion. if it were up to me, it'd be bright colors everywhere :laugh: So maybe I'm on the right track with these beiges. (not like they're giving me much of a choice :doh:)

I used tones very similar to the "Tanbark" palette in my den, aka "Man Cave" and it turned out great. Those colors look good on colonial homes or Southwest adobes. They are neutral, and thus very versatile.

I thought the tanbark would be a good exterior color for practicality reasons--hiding dirt, dust, and pollen that tends to be everywhere in our neighborhood.. And because I'm very partial to darker, richer brown colors. Im just trying to keep our house from being shit-brown just because I happen to like it. :laugh: I'm not sure everyone does. But I think with some lighter accents it'll be a good decision.

So taking Metaphor's suggestion of taking it down a notch from the decision I'd like of Tanbark being decent.. I'm getting Beach house for the main body color.. :yes:

Whatever else you do, you have to use Red Cent!

Red cent huh? It is a rusty sort of red. :3 but I didn't really notice it until you pointed it out. So maybe some smaller accents can get a pop of color in them. Enough to keep it from being dull, but not too much color that someone can come say, "Oh :( I hate red" or something.

Within

Permabanned

"I'm gonna put fur on the outside of my house. That shit's gonna look like a fuckin werewolf!"

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
houseidea1.jpg

so what about this idea? @_@ Our house is small and not very interesting. The small picture shows the bird's eye view of my house.. my little doorway is sunken in from the rest of the area (shown with the little dotted outline. Im such an artist.) .. Should I paint that a different color to let it pop a bit like the picture shows?