MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 so/sx
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

The Pie Thread

Everything about pies, right here!

Discuss your favorite pies, recipes for pies, obscure pies, the worst pie you've ever made/had, pictures of cool pies...etc.

Keep it clean, guys. We don't want this here:

Recently I've been obsessing about my grandma's homemade apple pie...it is SO good, I swear she puts addicting things into it because I can't stop eating it! It's probably my favorite pie too!

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None

I love pie! I especially love apple pie -- and this apple pie recipe is delicious, with the port wine in the filling and the cheese in the crust.
    Ingredients

FILLING: 1 1/2 c Sugar
    1/4 c Cornstarch

2/3 c Apple juice

2/3 c Port wine

2 tb Butter; or margarine

1 Lemon peel; grated

8 md Cooking apples; peeled and

-sliced (abt 7 - 8 cups)

CHEDDAR CRUST: 2 c Flour; sifted

1 ts Salt

2/3 c Shortening

3/4 c Sharp cheddar cheese shredded

5 1/2 tb Water

Directions

For the filling, combine sugar and cornstarch in lg saucepan. Stir in apple juice, port, butter and lemon peel. Cook over medium heat until mixture boils. Add apples and cook gently until barely tender. To make Cheddar Cheese crust, mix flour, salt and shortening with pastry blender until mixture resembles coarse meal. Stir in cheese. Add water gradually and mix lightly with fork to form dough. Divide pastry in halves and roll out one half to fit 9-in. pie pan. Roll second half of pastry and cut into 10 (1/2 in.) strips. Spoon filling into pastry-lined pan. Weave pastry strips across filling to make lattice top. Bake at 375 deg. 30 to 45 min. or until done. Serve warm.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

I like pie.

Occasionally you'll hear me complain about having grown up and lived my entire life in the Southern US (oppressive heat, Bible Belt, blah blah) but one thing folks around here know how to do is bake a delicious slice of pie. My grandmother passed away a couple years ago this month - she made the most amazing chocolate pie.

Here's a recipe that's a lot like grandma used to make. Some people like to top it with meringue, but that ruins the perfection for me.

See also: Pecan pie; Chess pie
    83% I 70% N 64% T 73% P | 5w4 sp/so/sx | Chaotic Good

Major weakness. Tart apple pie a la carte, with traditional flaky crust made with lard not shortening. Apples must not be mushy. And too much sweetness is nauseating.

Want some. Want some NOW!

ReflecTcelfeR

Apple pie with ice cream is teh best. I also like blackberry pie with ice cream (ice cream IS a must on any pie for me), and pecan pie is delicious, disregarding my parenthesis for a moment, I do not need ice-cream for that.

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

I voted Wildberry, even though I don't know exactly what you mean by that , but figured since my favorite pie if given a choice would be a doubleberry (like blueberry +raspberry) or tripleberry, that that was close enough. I also really enjoy cherry pies and apple pies.
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 so/sx
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

Quote Originally Posted by cascadeco View Post
    I voted Wildberry, even though I don't know exactly what you mean by that , but figured since my favorite pie if given a choice would be a doubleberry (like blueberry +raspberry) or tripleberry, that that was close enough. I also really enjoy cherry pies and apple pies.
    Oh man...I didn't even think of cherry pie

I guess I just don't care for it, so I didn't think of it

Wildberry is like some sort of any combo of berries...usually it's strawberries, raspberries, and blackberries, but any sort of concoction will do.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

I chose wildberry because my absolute favorite is wild black raspberry pie (berries picked from my parents' farm)... it is truly delicious

also quite good are cherry berry pie (raspberries, blackberries and cherries mixed) and lemon meringue pie
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    yupp

I neeeeeeed pie!!!!!!
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so