• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Pie Thread

Favorite Pie?

• Apple

Votes: 4 44.4%
  • Blueberry

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pumpkin

• Lemon Cream

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Wildberry

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Peach

• Boston Cream

• Other (elaborate)

• Total voters

Amethyst

¡MI TORTA!
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Everything about pies, right here!

Discuss your favorite pies, recipes for pies, obscure pies, the worst pie you've ever made/had, pictures of cool pies...etc.

Keep it clean, guys. We don't want this here:

pie.jpg

Recently I've been obsessing about my grandma's homemade apple pie...it is SO good, I swear she puts addicting things into it because I can't stop eating it! It's probably my favorite pie too!

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I love pie! I especially love apple pie -- and this apple pie recipe is delicious, with the port wine in the filling and the cheese in the crust.
Ingredients

FILLING: 1 1/2 c Sugar
1/4 c Cornstarch

2/3 c Apple juice

2/3 c Port wine

2 tb Butter; or margarine

1 Lemon peel; grated

8 md Cooking apples; peeled and

-sliced (abt 7 - 8 cups)

CHEDDAR CRUST: 2 c Flour; sifted

1 ts Salt

2/3 c Shortening

3/4 c Sharp cheddar cheese shredded

5 1/2 tb Water

Directions

For the filling, combine sugar and cornstarch in lg saucepan. Stir in apple juice, port, butter and lemon peel. Cook over medium heat until mixture boils. Add apples and cook gently until barely tender. To make Cheddar Cheese crust, mix flour, salt and shortening with pastry blender until mixture resembles coarse meal. Stir in cheese. Add water gradually and mix lightly with fork to form dough. Divide pastry in halves and roll out one half to fit 9-in. pie pan. Roll second half of pastry and cut into 10 (1/2 in.) strips. Spoon filling into pastry-lined pan. Weave pastry strips across filling to make lattice top. Bake at 375 deg. 30 to 45 min. or until done. Serve warm.

Trentham

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I like pie.

Occasionally you'll hear me complain about having grown up and lived my entire life in the Southern US (oppressive heat, Bible Belt, blah blah) but one thing folks around here know how to do is bake a delicious slice of pie. My grandmother passed away a couple years ago this month - she made the most amazing chocolate pie.

302954-Chocolate-Pie.jpg

Here's a recipe that's a lot like grandma used to make. Some people like to top it with meringue, but that ruins the perfection for me.

See also: Pecan pie; Chess pie

rav3n

Major weakness. Tart apple pie a la carte, with traditional flaky crust made with lard not shortening. Apples must not be mushy. And too much sweetness is nauseating.

Want some. Want some NOW!

R

ReflecTcelfeR

Apple pie with ice cream is teh best. I also like blackberry pie with ice cream (ice cream IS a must on any pie for me), and pecan pie is delicious, disregarding my parenthesis for a moment, I do not need ice-cream for that.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I voted Wildberry, even though I don't know exactly what you mean by that :smile:, but figured since my favorite pie if given a choice would be a doubleberry (like blueberry +raspberry) or tripleberry, that that was close enough. I also really enjoy cherry pies and apple pies.

Amethyst

¡MI TORTA!
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I voted Wildberry, even though I don't know exactly what you mean by that :smile:, but figured since my favorite pie if given a choice would be a doubleberry (like blueberry +raspberry) or tripleberry, that that was close enough. I also really enjoy cherry pies and apple pies.

Oh man...I didn't even think of cherry pie :doh:

I guess I just don't care for it, so I didn't think of it :shrug:

Wildberry is like some sort of any combo of berries...usually it's strawberries, raspberries, and blackberries, but any sort of concoction will do.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
:laugh: I chose wildberry because my absolute favorite is wild black raspberry pie (berries picked from my parents' farm)... it is truly delicious :drool:

also quite good are cherry berry pie (raspberries, blackberries and cherries mixed) and lemon meringue pie :wubbie: