User Tag List

12 Last

Thread: pumpkin pie

MBTI
    ENTP

Default pumpkin pie

eeek I've made my very first pumpkin pie today, to be honest with you, its only the second time I've cooked pumkin ever (having made soup last year - Scots are big on soups).

Well it's in the oven, and the mixture looked very liqidy when I put it in, but it says to cook it for an hour, so I will see how I get on.

thought I would share, maybe you guys with a lot more experience of pumkin can share nice things to make, it would be good to get soem savoury ideas as well as desert.

Lis

MBTI
    yupp

I love pumpkin so much, especially pie my room mate said he knows how to make pumpkin stew I might see if i buy the ingredients if he'll make it.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

Why not buy one, instead? I love pumpkin pie, and buy it all the time. Oh, and Pumpkin bread is magnificent. I buy anything made with pumpkin.
    Nice to see you again, Tink.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

it's supposed to look rather liquidy when it goes in the oven... pumpkin pie filling is somewhat of a custard type mixture and baking it sets the filling to the consistancy that you wish for it to be. My sis makes pumpkin pie from actual pumpkins... I make it from pie filling and it turns out just as well
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

Yes, pumpkin pie is a custard type pie. It's one of my favorites, along with my mother's apple pie, which she makes with scandalous amounts of cinnamon, just for me.

I'm going home to Montana on Thursday. Woot! Pie time!

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Cool, enjoy! I did this last year, turned out great. I ended up using all the good ingredients, cream real butter for the handmade crust. Figured if I'm going to put some effort in, I'm going all the way. It was awesome.

MBTI
    ENTP

yea! It seemed to work, going to freeze some of it. OK so its suppose to be custardy. I made it quite thin so it took less cooking than expected. Still it tastes OK, I'm a little concerned that there feels to be more sugar in it than pumkin well maybe thats a slight exageration. thanks for all your replies

Jag, I live in the UK, pumkin pie is not easy to come by, good to see you too.

I'm feeling quite proud of myself, I am going to roast the seeds too. I like efficent veggies where you can eat it all.

Thanks do post some other recipies if you have them

Lisa

YUMMMMMMMMM... I looooooooove pumpkin pie. I bought a huge pumpkin at a farm stand the other week. I'm going to roast it and make some soup and pie and muffins and maybe bread? I made these pumpkin oatmeal cookies last week.

I LOVE PUMPKIN.

I love this thread too, tinkerbell. Thanks for starting it. And everything whatever said goes with my experience of making pumpkin pie.
    Your kisses, sweeter than honey. But guess what, so is my money.

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbell View Post
    yea! It seemed to work, going to freeze some of it. OK so its suppose to be custardy. I made it quite thin so it took less cooking than expected. Still it tastes OK, I'm a little concerned that there feels to be more sugar in it than pumkin well maybe thats a slight exageration. thanks for all your replies

I'm feeling quite proud of myself, I am going to roast the seeds too. I like efficent veggies where you can eat it all.

Lisa
    boil them in salt water first, so the salt goes all the way through instead of just being on top, plus you can use less salt.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbell View Post

Lisa
    boil them in salt water first, so the salt goes all the way through instead of just being on top, plus you can use less salt.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all