User Tag List

First 678

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

Quote Originally Posted by perfectgirl View Post
    I made a quartz radio with my Dad when I was kid. I couldn't believe it, like magic it worked.
    I've heard crystals have healing properties too. Have you heard this?
    Yeah. I've heard it. Don't believe everything you hear. Crystals are just geometric arrangements of ionic compounds. All that hokum about "energy fields" and whatever the hell else they talk about is just appealing to mysticism. They really are just particularly pretty hunks of rock. Sorry to disappoint!

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFp

^ I think its a metaphor for something else.

My focus today did earth have two moons once? What, its a planet rock, the moon can become a rock if I get a pick axe and chip away at it.
    Not today bucko, I'm deviating ever so slightly towards astronomy and such, its fascinating stuff though.

Well apparently there is a chunk of rock called Cruithne that could pass off as an almost moon but is more like an asteroid.

Ha! Bet you didn't know that.

But what about another moon did we have had another moon, I want another moon, just because I'm bored. According to this site, Mysterious World writes of what could of been something largish that could of been something akin to a moon but we'll never really know because it was such a long time ago.

In 1961, the finds in the Campo del Cielo interested professor at Columbia University (USA), the world's leading expert on meteorites W. Cassidy. Organized their expedition found a large number of small metallic meteorites - geksaderitov consisting of virtually chemically pure iron (it have 96%, the rest - nickel, cobalt and phosphorus). Study of other meteorites found at different times in the area, has the same composition. According to the scientist, it proves that they are fragments of a single celestial body. Cassidy also drew attention to the strange fact: usually in the explosion of a large meteorite in the atmosphere of his pieces fall to Earth, scattering ellipse with a maximum diameter of about 1600 meters. And on the Campo del Cielo length of the width is 17 kilometers!

The largest pieces, according to experts, fell into the Pacific Ocean, causing an unprecedented scale waves, which could circumvent the Earth. In the legends of the Amazon Indians story is told from the heavens rained stars, there was a terrible roar and roar and everything was plunged into darkness, and then fell to the ground downpour that flooded the entire world. "The water rose to a great height, - says one of the Brazilian tradition - and all land has been submerged in water. Darkness and rain did not stop. People fled, not knowing where to hide; climbed the highest trees and mountains. The Brazilian legend is echoed by the fifth book of the Code of the Maya "Chilam Balam": "The stars fell from the sky, crossed the sky a fiery plume, the ground was covered with ash, foamed trembled and cracked, shaken jerks. The world was collapsing.

This in all these legends is about the disaster, accompanied by earthquakes, volcanic eruptions and floods. Epicenter it clearly was in the southern hemisphere because of the distance to the north is changing the nature of myths. The legends tell only of a great flood. This event, apparently, remained in the memory of the Sumerians and Babylonians, and found its most vivid expression in the famous biblical myth of the Great Flood.
    Interesting.

MBTI
    ENFP

I really really like Opalite. It's not a gem or rock.. It's opalized glass. But it's still really pretty!

Moonstone is also very pretty, which is actually nature

MBTI
    ENFP

ALSO, Red granite - It is only found in Central Wisconsin, and a few other parts of the world

Another awesome member. Curator's Avatar
    MBTI
    eNFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Sparrow View Post
    Has anyone ever went rock or gem hunting? Ive always wanted to do that! Its rugged but seems fun!

Gems and rocks are beautiful treasures and gifts from mother nature <3.
    Rock hounding as us hobbyists tend to often call it, is so awesomely fun!!! it can be back breaking work at times, but every time you find a new treasure its like becoming a kid again... I wish I could do it more, ive not been able to go to any of the really awesome places I wanna check out yet...
    You are not powerless, you just need to accept your power for what it is, a part of the whole, no one man can save the world, but you can be a light to those who envelope themselves in darkness, The candle that sparks the inferno.

MBTI
    INFP

I love green ambers, amethysts (I named a cat like that once ) and corals (though they are not rocks theoretically ).

What a beautiful thread by the way
    Hot-hearted head