User Tag List

First 23456 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFp

Jasper
    Jasper is a massive, fine-grained, opaque variety of chalcedony, believed to protect against sight defects and drought. It may occur in shades of brown, grayish-blue, red, yellow, green and even purple.
    "Orbicular" jasper has white or gray, eye-shaped patters surrounded by red jasper. "Ribbon" Jasper is striped and used in carvings, cameos and intaglios, which help to show off it's layered structure. Hornstone is a gray variety of jasper.

Red Jasper
    A fine protective stone it is often used in defensively, as it sends negativity back to the original sender. It is also used during health and healing, as well red jasper is worn by young women to promote beauty and grace.

Orange Jasper
    Orange is the combination of red and yellow colors. It is a warm, positive and stimulating color. This color stimulates enthusiasm and creativity. Orange symbolizes vitality with endurance. It is said to be the color of Lady Luck. This stone also offers powerful protection against things that are not good for you and helps in balancing vibrations of the body.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFp

Yeah that was way cool

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFp

Oh forgot about the Tiger eye.

This quartz composite gemstone begins as a fibrous blue mineral called croicidolite, which is comprised of iron and sodium. The transformation begins as clear quartz becomes imbedded between the fibers of crocidolite, and the completed process will result in one of two gemstones; a blue stone called Hawk’s Eye or the golden brown stone called Tiger’s Eye. Chatoyant Quartz as it is also known, there are three varieties of this type of quartz. It is the inclusion of croicidolite (blue asbestos) that causes a cat's eye effect known as chatoyancy. Tiger's Eye is black with iron oxide staining that gives the yellow and golden brown stripes. Hawk's Eye forms when the croicidolite changes to quartz but the blue-gray or blue-green color of the original material remains. Whew!

With its vibrant golden color, tiger-eye is used to increase wealth and vitality. It enhances courage, brings passion and physical strength, and allows these attributes to be tempered with mental clarity and a joyful outlook. A good luck stone, it is also used for discerning the truth in any situation, it can help with understanding of any cycle through which one is living.

Scream down the boulevard LadyJaye's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sx

I like shist because it's fun to say it. And there are so many kinds. Also, I like gniess.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFp

Quote Originally Posted by LadyJaye View Post
    I like shist because it's fun to say it. And there are so many kinds. Also, I like gniess.
    You mean Gneiss and Schist?
    I hope you didn't mean genius shit. hahahaha, I'm good.
    But seriously metamorphic rocks are awesome, geekily looks into it and such.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFp

• Gneiss is a high grade metamorphic rock. This means that gneiss has been subjected to more heat and pressure than schist. Gneiss is coarser than schist and has distinct banding. This banding has alternating layers that are composed of different minerals. The minerals that compose gneiss are the same as granite. Feldspar is the most important mineral that makes up gneiss along with mica and quartz. Gneiss can be formed from a sedimentary rock such as sandstone or shale, or it can be formed from the metamorphism of the igneouse rock grantite. Gneiss can be used by man as paving and building stone.

Gneiss is an old German word meaning bright or sparkling. Gneiss is a typical rock type formed by regional metamorphism, in which a sedimentary or igneous rock has been deeply buried and subjected to high temperatures and pressures. Nearly all traces of the original structures (including fossils) and fabric (such as layering and ripple marks) are wiped out as the minerals migrate and recrystallize. The streaks are composed of minerals, like hornblende, that do not occur in sedimentary rocks.

In gneiss, less than 50 percent of the minerals are aligned in thin, foliated layers. You can see that unlike schist, which is more strongly aligned, gneiss doesn't fracture along the planes of the mineral streaks. And thicker veins of large-grained minerals form in it, unlike the more evenly layered appearance of schist. With still more metamorphism, gneisses can turn to migmatite and then totally recrystallize into granite.

Despite its highly altered nature, gneiss can preserve geochemical evidence of its history, especially in minerals like zircon which resist metamorphism. The oldest crustal rocks known are gneisses from western Greenland. Their carbon isotopes show that life existed there at that time, nearly four billion years ago.

Gneiss makes up the largest part of the Earth's lower crust. Pretty much everywhere on the continents, you will drill straight down and eventually strike gneiss.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFp

• Schist is a medium grade metamorphic rock. This means that it has been subjected to more heat and pressure than slate, which is a low grade metamorphic rock. The individual grains of minerals can be seen by the naked eye and many of the original minerals have been altered into flakes. Because it has been squeezed harder than slate it is often found folded and crumpled. Schists are usually named by the main mineral from which they are formed. Bitotite mica schist, hornblende schist, garnet mica schist, and talc schist are some examples of this.

Schist is formed by regional metamorphism and has schistose fabric—it has coarse mineral grains and is fissile, splitting in thin layers. Schist is a metamorphic rock that comes in almost infinite variety, but its main characteristic is hinted at in its name: schist comes from the ancient Greek for "split," through Latin and French. Schist is a rock formed by dynamic metamorphism at high temperatures and high pressures that aligns the grains of mica, hornblende and other flat or elongated minerals into thin layers, or foliation. At least 50 percent of the mineral grains in schist are aligned this way (less than 50 percent makes it gneiss). The rock may or may not be actually deformed in the direction of the foliation, although a strong foliation probably is a sign of high strain.

Schists are commonly described in terms of their predominant minerals. This specimen, for example, would be called a mica schist because the flat, shiny grains of mica are so abundant. Other possibilities include blueschist (glaucophane schist) or amphibole schist.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFp

[youtube="_ClY8C7-IbY"]Finding Light Saber Crystals[/youtube]

I wish there really were light sabers.

[youtube="bFfftJ-Y8UQ"]Collecting Crystals[/youtube]

[youtube="NNRxVE8yxg4"]Crystalline and Amorphous Solids[/youtube]

Stuff I was looking at

MBTI
    ESFJ

Synapse .. Do you own any stones personally?? You seem very interested
    Nice pics you added though
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

So, one of the geologists that used to work with me gave me arsenic crystals from his own mineral collection because I admired it once.

It looks a bit like this

But you have to ask yourself, if someone gives you arsenic, should you be flattered?
    the formless thing which gives things form!
    Found Forum Haiku Project

Positive Spin | your feedback welcomed | Darker Criticism