• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

what happened to the wine thread?

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I need to post in it i found wine i liked

guitar.jpg

not a wine connosiurre, so if anyone could tell me other wines i'd might like based on me liking this wine. I don't want to spend more than 14 a bottle though

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
This was really good. Just had some over the weekend.

nicolas.jpg

SecondBest

Permabanned
MBTI Type
eNxp
Enneagram
5/7
This is my favorite wine. Very satisfying finish.
Chilean Cabernet Sauvignon - Equus.

mo0810_kl.gif

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Bogle's Petite Sirah isn't bad for the price ($8.99) and neither is Ravenswood Vintner's blend Zinfandel (at the same price) :cheese:

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
This might be the best wine I've had (or close).

fincaaltimira.jpg

O

Oberon

Bogle's Petite Sirah isn't bad for the price ($8.99) and neither is Ravenswood Vintner's blend Zinfandel (at the same price) :cheese:

I've had the Ravenswood zin, and I concur. It's good.

Of course, I had it in a restaurant, where it cost almost as much for a GLASS of the stuff as you quoted for the whole bottle!

:D

bronson

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
3w4
I live in a place in Australia called the Yarra Valley which is well known (here) for its wines, and I work at a winery where we have all the wine-folk come and swirl pinot et al in their glasses.

I love a Cabernet Sauvignon on a winters evening, but coming into summer, Sauvignon Blanc with chicken salad; goes down a treat.

081126-VIC-YARRAVALE-WINERY-MW-mandala_wines_trio_of_wines.jpg

Some of the labels from the winery I work at.

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
I live in a place in Australia called the Yarra Valley which is well known (here) for its wines, and I work at a winery where we have all the wine-folk come and swirl pinot et al in their glasses.

I love a Cabernet Sauvignon on a winters evening, but coming into summer, Sauvignon Blanc with chicken salad; goes down a treat.

081126-VIC-YARRAVALE-WINERY-MW-mandala_wines_trio_of_wines.jpg

Some of the labels from the winery I work at.

Is that completely white wine, or just an empty bottle?

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Hey - I visited there when I was working in Melbourne! I think Syrah was big in Australia. Before that, I'd never heard of it.

Sparrow

Instinctual Variant
so/sx
A glass of Gewürztraminer would be lovely right about now...

bronson

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
3w4
Is that completely white wine, or just an empty bottle?

That's a bottle of 2010 Sauvignon Blanc! A great blend of fruity flavours, nice and light - haha love my job... not

O

Oberon

I want a big dark bricky-purple Zinfandel right now, please. Something too dark to see through.

img88m.jpg

Actually... leave the bottle.