• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Wonder of Wasps

Chaotic Harmony

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx
Of course, their reaction towards men also depends of the specie you're facing. Once again, you just have to know them well. Common European wasps (Polistes sp.) are easy to manipulate, while hornets (Vespa sp.), on the other hand, can be very mischevious...

So wait... are you saying wasps are sexist? :shock: :tongue:

WildCard

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
So wait... are you saying wasps are sexist? :shock: :tongue:

LMAO!! Nice. And the little red bastards (bitches?) chase me around the barracks. My platoon buddies think its hiliarious to let one in and watch me freak out.

Chaotic Harmony

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx
LMAO!! Nice. And the little red bastards (bitches?) chase me around the barracks. My platoon buddies think its hiliarious to let one in and watch me freak out.

Ooooh... I would punch someone... seriously. I hate wasps with a passion.

WildCard

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
Oh, yeah, it's all fun and games until I grab a bottle of lighter fluid and start squirting it everywhere trying to get the wasp. Then they start getting worried :D

Blackmail!

Gotta catch you all!
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
I believe this image is appropriate to the topic (though it is nsfw).

http://28.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_l0empvyn4Q1qbnfa9o1_500.jpg

Well what it says is not accurate at all.

Wasps are very important pollinators in nature -depends of the structure of the flower, of course-, and even more since honey bees are slowly disappearing (unfortunately... but we have to blame our pesticide industry for that). They are usually attracted to nectar and sweet things.
Within the tropics, their importance for plants clearly outbalances classic bees and bumblebees. For instance, most orchids and tropical fruit-trees are pollinated by wasps, not bees.

Octarine

The Eighth Colour
MBTI Type
Aeon
Enneagram
10w
Instinctual Variant
so
But what about non-native wasps. It is a real problem when they displace native wasps and bees.
The native wasps almost never sting either, unlike the bastard that stung me a few weeks ago (still have the mark).

Not_Me

MBTI Type
INTj
I haven't been stung by a bee ever since I was a kid. I forget what it feels like.

mrcockburn

Aquaria
MBTI Type
¥¤
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
The more you get stung, the more allergic you get. So I hear. It seems counterintuitive - wouldn't you get more immune? No. It's like an accumulating poison.

I hate wasps, they hate me too.

But what about non-native wasps. It is a real problem when they displace native wasps and bees.
The native wasps almost never sting either, unlike the bastard that stung me a few weeks ago (still have the mark).

lol. Xenophobe.