• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Do some people actually LIKE cleaning?

F

figsfiggyfigs

I LOVEEEEEE cleaning. esp organizing, I'm obsessed with it.
BUT only if it's my own domain. I hate cleaning up after someone else who was to irresponsible to pick up after themselves.

I also hate washing dishes. They are my enemy.

If you like the end result, then you might as well warm up to the process of attaining it, right? :cheese:

I love it.
I'm not kidding.

I like cleaning, yard-work, housework, whatever.
I like creating ORDER.
I like making my environment FUNCTIONAL and EFFICIENT.

I also like blasting kick ass music while doing it, having a few beers, and goofing through the process in general. That's what makes it fun, HOW you approach the action.

You can, and the mindset will benefit you in accomplishing other necessary and important tasks in your life. FUN is a MINDSET. :yes:

ALL of that :hifive:

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
Hate cleaning, but sometimes if I'm on mental overload, like when I'm up to my ears in papers to be graded or something, I'll do something physical, like cleaning the whole house. It makes me feel productive, I guess, and gives me some mental space. I haven't quite figured it out, but it works.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
I like cleaning but I don't always have time to do it the way I want. That's why I hired someone to come in once a week and do the big stuff (bathrooms, wash floors, dust and vacuum). The rest I enjoy, especially organizing and yard work.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Oh and nothing will make you want to clean your house faster than watching an episode of Hoarders. :shock:

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Oh i just hate it. I tend to let the house close in around me and then have a huge clean when i just can't cope anymore. I'm looking for a cleaner...one that uses lots of bleach!

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
Cee, agreed. @-@ I just look in horror at my parent's garage whenever I watch that show.. and think.. "Oh god, they're coming to film us next.."

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
just like anything i like to do it when i feel like it...but i often do feel like it if it's all a mess...i think it's kind of therapeutic...helps me clear my head...i don't like anyone in the house tho when i do...i need to be in my lil zone with loud music and no one around needing anything from me.

Morpeko

Noble Wolf
MBTI Type
LEFV
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Some people genuinely seem to enjoy cleaning and I envy them.