User Tag List

123 Last

Klingon Warrior Princess Patches's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Default Millions of peaches... Peaches for me....

So, I've just had MANY bushels of peaches dropped off at my apartment because my grandfather gets them for free at the orchard where he works. But I don't really have my peach recipes aside from peach pie. And my grandfather asked me to try to make my pineapple upside-down cake with peaches instead.

Anyone have any other good peach-inspired recipes?

Bonus points if anyone has some that are diabetic-friendly. I have a few people I occasionally make desserts for who are diabetic.
    “Everybody has a secret world inside of them. All of the people of the world, I mean everybody. No matter how dull and boring they are on the outside, inside
    them they've all got unimaginable, magnificent, wonderful, stupid, amazing worlds. Not just one world. Hundreds of them. Thousands maybe.” -Neil Gaiman

~

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

I always slice them and freeze them, when I want to eat them I half thaw them and eat them as a sort of whole fruit sorbet of some sort... delicious
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

Klingon Warrior Princess Patches's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    I always slice them and freeze them, when I want to eat them I half thaw them and eat them as a sort of whole fruit sorbet of some sort... delicious
    I actually went through the process of canning half of them. I have like 40 jars of peach halves sitting in my kitchen now. I could freeze some for fruit smoothies. I do make a lot of smoothies. Good plan.
    “Everybody has a secret world inside of them. All of the people of the world, I mean everybody. No matter how dull and boring they are on the outside, inside
    them they've all got unimaginable, magnificent, wonderful, stupid, amazing worlds. Not just one world. Hundreds of them. Thousands maybe.” -Neil Gaiman

~

MBTI
    Mine
    Enneagram
    1w9

I've had a glut of fresh peaches from the tree outside over the last few weeks, far more than I or anyone else around can eat just as they are before they go bad in this damp weather (well, unless you have a fondness for icky stomach complaints which personally I don't). I haven't figured out a good alternative way to dispose of them yet though. Mind you, cooking desserts isn't really my thing. I do know they're very good for jam or chutney; and can be used in a similar way to apricots for some cooked dishes like tarts (normally you'd just eat peaches fresh of course!).
    Look into my avatar. Look deep into my avatar...

peaches...drooool
    Fe | Ni | Se | Ti ... 3w4 ... Lawful Neutral ... Johari -Nohari

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8

Gotta love free fruit! I could really go for some free/picked without permission oranges from the orange groves right about now :P. Sooo much tastier than store bought stuff.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    EII

we loooooove peaches in my family. Peach flavour is excellent with chicken, so try googling for recipes calling for both if that intrigues you. My mom used to make her own version of this: Peach and Chicken Kabobs | WholeFoodsMarket.com she also threw bell peppers into the mix, and went with teriyaki glaze instead of a chipotle one but i'd imagine it'd be just as good.

My dad also made a peach sriracha that he'd coat chicken in before throwing it on the BBQ. i don't know his exact recipe but if you google that you'll find a wide variety of recipes that might suit your tastes.

for something more simple if you like oatmeal or cream of wheat, just slice 'em up and throw them in there. mmmm.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Introverted Feeling (46.7)
    Extraverted Intuition (45.7)
    Introverted Intuition (37.5)
    Introverted Thinking(26.5)
    Extraverted Feeling (25.4)
    Extraverted Thinking (22.1)
    Extraverted Sensing (19.5)
    Introverted Sensing (17.0)

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    3w2

Peach Cobbler

its a really simple but good recipe, Also, Kudos on the Presidents of the United States of America reference
    "I put the fires out."
    "you made them worse."
    "worse...or better?"

Oberon

Peach ice cream!

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ????

Spiced peaches.

Yum.

Would go great with ice cream, in my opinion. Sounds good for Fall weather.
    Excuse me, but does this smell like chloroform to you?

Always reserve the right to become smarter at a future point in time, for only a fool limits themselves to all they knew in the past. -Alex