User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    yupp

Default I'm fcking broke recipes

so what are some good recipes for when you have zero dollars to spend?

I made one up this morning I didn't know how it would turn out but better than i expected. of course i already had the olive oil and chick peas and ramen and eggs.

cook ramen noodles according to the package drain put a small amount of olive oil in the pan and turn the heat to low,add these add the noodles, spice packet, and a beaten egg stir and fry. the spices from the chick peas actually compliment the flavor packet from the ramen. I don't really like ramen.

i suppose you can make your own spiced chick peas as well

Oberon

Boil rice. When it's done, turn the heat down and throw in a can of beans (any kind will do), one chopped onion, a chunk of butter or margarine, and salt and pepper to taste. Stir it up and put the lid on, and leave it alone until the onion is cooked (ten or twenty minutes). I also like to add hot peppers and ginger to this mix, but they're not necessary. What you've got at the end will fill your belly and taste good for pennies per serving.

MBTI
    INFP

Penne
    Safeway Vodka Sauce (sold at Vons)
    Parmesan Cheese

Less than $5 gets you several meals.

Quote Originally Posted by oberon View Post
    Boil rice. When it's done, turn the heat down and throw in a can of beans (any kind will do), one chopped onion, a chunk of butter or margarine, and salt and pepper to taste. Stir it up and put the lid on, and leave it alone until the onion is cooked (ten or twenty minutes). I also like to add hot peppers and ginger to this mix, but they're not necessary. What you've got at the end will fill your belly and taste good for pennies per serving.
    That's pretty much exactly what I was going to say!
    Your kisses, sweeter than honey. But guess what, so is my money.

Oberon

The first year my wife and I were married, we found ourselves in the first week of January with cupboards bare and checking account empty. There were paychecks due on Friday, but this was, like, Tuesday.

We dug through the couch cushions and all through the car, under the seats, under the floormats, down in the console... when we were done we found we had just under two dollars in change. That was enough in those days to get us one loaf of the cheapo store-brand white bread, and one of the small jars of cheapo peanut butter. We lived for three days on peanut butter sandwiches and water.

I think we had a half a jar of jelly in the fridge, so I had some J with my PB. Mrs. Oberon doesn't like jelly on her peanut butter sandwiches, so she ate hers dry.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

You can do wonders with a can of tuna, a bag of pasta, and frozen peas. Add a little pasta sauce, or mayo ...
    "Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"When people see some things as beautiful,
    other things become ugly.
    When people see some things as good,
    other things become bad."
    Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

Oberon

You might get an adventurous friend or two together, go to the local grocery store, and do some dumpster diving.

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    2W3
    Socionics
    EII

Bread + Butter/Margarine + Cheese = Grilled Cheese Sammich

Pot of Boiling Water + Butter/Margarine + Milk + KD Box = Kraft Dinner!

Wraps are also pretty cheap, just flatbread and whatever insides you want: Lettuce, tomato, cucumber, etc.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

here are 10 Foolproof ways to stay alive when the going gets tough.

1) dumpster diving
    2) deal cocaine to make bank
    3) fast and build spiritual awareness
    4) pasta and bread
    5) find a boyfriend who you can mooch off of
    6) steal money from your mom's purse
    7) sell yourself for money down at the corner
    8) go huntin'. get yo self a gun or a knife and find yo self some game.
    9) go fishing.
    10) become a begger.
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx

When I'm broke... I find Campbell's Cream of __________ soups become my best friend... I've made so many casseroles by throwing a can of one of those soups, some canned veggies, rice or pasta, and some meat into a casserole dish and baking it.

If I'm really broke I'll get the Campbell's Cheddar Cheese Soup, pasta noodles, and ground beef and mix it together and bake it... Makes a pretty decent amount of casserole that lasts for a couple of days.