User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    Infp
    Enneagram
    6w7

Talking West coast road/camping trip suggestions?

I will be going on a 2.5 week west coast tour that definitely includes routes going from Oakland to Seattle and Oakland to Santa barbara/santa Monica. Does anyone have any ideas about places to stop and see
    or eat or camp? I have done this trip a few times so I have hit up some
    of the obvious spots, like the redwoods, olympic national forest, and sand dunes, but I would love some suggestions for random things or other great places! I am going with my rather large princess/dog so dog friendly spots would be great to hear about too.
    Last edited by Loliz; 07-30-2010 at 04:12 PM. Reason: Typo

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    EII

Big Sur, certainly, and the Santa Cruz mountains are great sights; both are great for camping.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Introverted Feeling (46.7)
    Extraverted Intuition (45.7)
    Introverted Intuition (37.5)
    Introverted Thinking(26.5)
    Extraverted Feeling (25.4)
    Extraverted Thinking (22.1)
    Extraverted Sensing (19.5)
    Introverted Sensing (17.0)

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Have you been to Mendocino, CA or Fort Bragg, CA?

There are campgrounds with stunning ocean views all along the CA coast going up there along hwy 1. It's quite a windy road though, does your dog get car sick? I think you have to make reservations at them too because they are state parks .

will you only be camping?

MBTI
    Infp
    Enneagram
    6w7

Thanks, you all!

It won't only be camping, just need big dog friendly. I've always wanted to go to Big Sur, besides just passing through - I love the Elephant Seals <3. Those big fat bodies having it out! And Mendocino/Ft. Bragg sounds great! Glad for the recommendations. Any restaurant ideas or kitschy stop offs?

MBTI
    infj

I live in Seattle, but was actually having trouble thinking of places that are "must sees." Guess it shows about how much I get out, hehe.

Have you visited any of the islands in Puget Sound? I've camped on Orcas Island and there's really great trails for day hikes. Pretty sure dogs are welcome too. Drive up past Seattle and then take the ferry, I think from Edmonds.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8

Quote Originally Posted by Loliz View Post
    I will be going on a 2.5 week west coast tour that definitely includes routes going from Oakland to Seattle and Oakland to Santa barbara/santa Monica. Does anyone have any ideas about places to stop and see
    or eat or camp? I have done this trip a few times so I have hit up some
    of the obvious spots, like the redwoods, olympic national forest, and sand dunes, but I would love some suggestions for random things or other great places! I am going with my rather large princess/dog so dog friendly spots would be great to hear about too.
    When are you going? I'll be taking a camping trip out to palomar mountain here on the outskirts of northern San Diego most of next week. It's a beautiful heavily wooded area, with some nice campsites that aren't overly developed, and some that are. You can also do primitive camping, but no REAL fires, just campstove shit. It's part of Cleveland national forest.

Aside from that, i really want to camp/hike San Jacinto mountain out by palm Springs. 2nd highest peak in socal at over 10,000 feet. Theres even a large lift that goes halfway up the mountain. But of course, i wouldn't bother with it . Theres also:

I'd recommend the San Bernardino Nat'l Forest/San Gorgonio Wilderness from Camp Angelus (trail 1N07) to San Bernardino Peak to San Gorgonio Mtn. (elevation 11,502).
    What areas have you been camping in?

Hi there, Im in Seattle too , check out Rialto Beach-located in the Olympic Peninsula. You can camp on the beach if you hike in far enough...AMAZING!

We usually go camping in Eastern, WA every summer as well, Lake Chelan is pretty popular. Holler at me if you want to know of good places for shopping & food too .
    Fe | Ni | Se | Ti ... 3w4 ... Lawful Neutral ... Johari -Nohari

I would recommend point reyes and highway 1 along the coast

MBTI
    INFJ

Definitely drive down Highway 1 once you hit SF area.
    Big Sur is a must stop!!! I highly recommend Pfeiffer Beach and Big Sur Bakery which is alongside Highway 1 near the beach. It's a total hippie place, I love it. You can camp out right on the beach in Big Sur if you really wanted, no one would bother you. Redwood forest north of SF is also a good place to go camping.

The Oregon coast is also breathtaking. Check out Astoria, Oregon
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    we are the leader we've been searching for

infj ; 6w5 so/sp (maybe)

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8

Another Cali place I REAAAAAAAALLLLLLLY wanna go camping at is Yosemite. Pictures of that area look fucking fantastic.