User Tag List

First 2345 Last

Thread: Food Rules

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

When I was a kid I absolutely COULD NOT have anything on my plate touching. Unless it was gravy on a meat or a potato.
    My dad used to make pork chops 'n rice 'n gravy. I liked everything on its own, but holy crap I can't stand gravy on rice, even to this day. I kept trying to like it, but finally I just gave up on it.
    Too much fat on a meat. Nowadays I just cut it off, but when I was a kid I would have a fit over it. But then again I threw a lot of fits when I was a kid.
    "Chewing the fat." That phrase sounds TERRIBLE.
    Just because I'm an INFP doesn't mean I'm emo!

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    INFp

I rotate my plate so the thing I'm eating at the moment is in front of me. Good thing spaghetti is my favorite food. No rotation needed.

MBTI
    INTP

I can't do raw sushi. I have tried it many times, but can't get past the texture.

Vienna sausage is the vilest thing on the planet. I could throw up just thinking about it. My friend's brother will DRINK THE JUICE from the can just to gross us out.

I hate yellow mustard.

I hate fruit mixed in with my chocolate. There's nothing worse than thinking you're getting full-on chocolate cake, only to have some kind of fruity filling between the layers.

Bread pudding is not a dessert. And it has a weird texture.

I'm grossed out by the chicken they put in frozen dinners. Even if the frozen dinner itself isn't bad.
    Something Witty

my no no's: rare meat, horse radish, ginger, wasabi, gyro meat, intestines, balut.
    Fe | Ni | Se | Ti ... 3w4 ... Lawful Neutral ... Johari -Nohari

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

I don't like things touching, but I alternate bites. It makes everything taste more interesting when you don't get used to the flavour after a few bites. I ration it so everything is done at the same time, too.

And as much as I love love love sushi, raw and cooked, I can't eat sashimi...just the texture combined with the cold fishy taste but slap it on some rice and I'll eat it, lol - nigiri is ok though maki rolls are still my favourite, pedestrian though they are, I'm sure.

I've refused to eat gross-sounding things like brains, intestines, tongues, kidneys, chicken feet so far, though perhaps if they're prepared so they look appetizing, I'd try it. liver is ok but not something I'd choose to have.

Processed cheese is really, really gross though marginally tolerable on hamburgers and grilled cheese, but not nearly as good as real cheese. Canned meat is digusting (fish is ok). Whole-wheat processed bread is gross, higher quality whole wheat is edible though I vastly prefer sourdough or rye or white wheat. Actually processed bread is pretty gross in general. The only vegetable I don't like (I think) is brussels sprouts. Pretty much everything else is delicious when prepared right.

But I really like a lot of things! I don't think I'm all that picky compared to most people, though my list is getting pretty long, lol...
    -end of thread-

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I used to have serious issues with food touching when I was young. Doesn't faze me as much anymore but I still prefer to keep foods apart.

I also find processed cheese gross. I thought I hated cheese as a kid because back then, my main exposure was things like ez-cheese and velveeta which I gagged on. I like alot of the non-processed cheeses.

I also can't stand eating liver, squid, drinking beer, cottage cheese, bolonga, hot dog weiners, and I only like eggs when they're scrambled.

Other than that I like most everything and I'm willing to try almost anything once within reason. Probably not any of the stuff they show on fear factor.

There are several foods I didn't like growing up that I do now. Like beets, celery, sour cream, cheese (other than the processed stuff), green olives (I only ate the black ones), and coffee. When you get older, you start losing taste buds so things don't taste as strong as they did when you were young. Kids tend to be pickier eaters because alot of things taste stronger than they would to adults.

I like brussel sprouts and I'm one of the few people I know who does.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

Don't mix food with alcohol, as it will make the alcohol less effective.
    --------------------
    Type Stats:
    MBTI -> (E) 77.14% | (i) 22.86% ; (S) 60% | (n) 40% ; (T) 72.22% | (f) 27.78% ; (P) 51.43% | (j) 48.57%
    BIG 5 -> Extroversion 77% ; Accommodation 60% ; Orderliness 62% ; Emotional Stability 64% ; Open Mindedness 74%

Quotes:
    "If somebody asks your MBTI type on a first date, run". -Donna Cecilia
    "Enneagram is psychological underpinnings. Cognitive Functions are mental reasoning and perceptional processes. -Sanjuro

Oberon

Dang... beef liver is the best, if properly pan-fried in bacon fat with flour coating, salt, pepper, and onions, and then served with greasy-ass gravy over rice.

It's the FOOD OF THE GODS, people!!!

MBTI
    esTJ
    Enneagram
    875 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ESTx

Quote Originally Posted by paradigm-shift View Post

I like brussel sprouts and I'm one of the few people I know who does.
    Brussels sprouts are good! However, beets and olives are still . Maybe I need to get older.
    Murphy Brown: What is it with us? Why can't we take the easy road once in awhile?
    Avery Brown: Because it's boring and dishonest and uncomfortable, like wearing a pair of shoes all day that pinch your feet.

approx 55% ES, 90% TJ

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx

Quote Originally Posted by Abstract Thinker View Post
    I rotate my plate so the thing I'm eating at the moment is in front of me. Good thing spaghetti is my favorite food. No rotation needed.
    I do this same thing.... And I don't always just eat one thing at a time...so I end up with a constant rotation going sometimes....