First 1234 Last

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    I've got to say there's some sort of blu cheese, the sort with the little mold blue veins in it which we always used to get each year as part of a cheese board it would be nasty by the time it was opened and tasted strongly and kind of "sweated" if you know what I mean but seeing some of it on sample at a supermarket not too long ago I was tempted to try it and it was wonderful, creamy and strong but pleasant, I bought a small square of it.

Turns out that how you store it and how quickly its eaten from when you eat it really makes the difference, I think most people are just used to chedder, like me, or something simple which you're just going to melt on a burger, tuna fish or put between slices of bread for a sandwich.
    Gorgonzola?

ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

MBTI
    INTj

Havarti is probably my favorite...love it love it, especially semi-melted. It goes great on burgers. Gouda...OMGoudaa...it's very gooda..don't like the smoked version. I like to mix half gouda and half havarti, microwave them, and munch away on some yummy goodness. Also, goat cheese is good if paired right...goes great with pork. I like asiago sprinkled over a steak while it grills.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    Uh, is Asiago so popular in the US?

Uhm, what about Pecorino Romano?
    Yes, both are popular here where I live and I love them, but I live in the wine region of the US so that might be why.

I have tried marmite cheese lately
    I would like to try marmite.

MBTI
    infj

Smoked gouda, smoked cheddar, smoked mozzarella...I've never had, but I bet I'd like it. The whole foods in my old neighborhood used to sell a buffalo cheddar with bits of habañero pepper that I used to throw into my easy mac. I miss those days.

:::sigh:::

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

I like cow cheeses the best.

There is a hard (hard like Parmesan) yellow cheese that tastes exactly like cheddar. I bet that would keep for a long time.

Mexican cheese is the bomb.com, anyone try Rachero Queso Fresco?

Fe | Ni | Se | Ti ... 3w4 ... Lawful Neutral ... Johari -Nohari

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

I can't believe how cheesy this thread is!

Quote Originally Posted by xNTP View Post
    I can't believe how cheesy this thread is!
    Cheese ball!
    Fe | Ni | Se | Ti ... 3w4 ... Lawful Neutral ... Johari -Nohari

Turns out that how you store it and how quickly its eaten from when you eat it really makes the difference, I think most people are just used to chedder, like me, or something simple which you're just going to melt on a burger, tuna fish or put between slices of bread for a sandwich.
    Stilton perhaps?

This may seem random, but to me its so fascinating. Market Researcher Clotaire Rapaille investigated the difference in attitudes towards cheese by French people and Americans. The French do not put cheese in the refrigerator while most Americans do store cheese there. He concluded that at base people in France consider the cheese alive, Americans consider it dead. As in, belongs in a morgue. With this information companies developed a "body bag", the ubiquitous plastic pouch so many people buy their cheese in today.

Quote Originally Posted by Vasilisa View Post
    Stilton perhaps?

This may seem random, but to me its so fascinating. Market Researcher Clotaire Rapaille investigated the difference in attitudes towards cheese by French people and Americans. The French do not put cheese in the refrigerator while most Americans do store cheese there. He concluded that at base people in France consider the cheese alive, Americans consider it dead. As in, belongs in a morgue. With this information companies developed a "body bag", the ubiquitous plastic pouch so many people buy their cheese in today.
    I've even been surprised with the opening of Lidal a couple of years ago in my home town in the differences not just in variety but the sorts of packaging which the cheese comes in.

Lidal's European and the individual slices of cheese range which come in a packet are better than the Kraft slices which are UK/US, Kraft slices are sort of like plasticy and almost seem like they have been melted before sealed in the individual wrapper. The German slices (I say German but it could be made in the UK, I dont know) is a plastic resealable box thing which individual slices stacked, its not the same as cheese cut from the block but its closer than the individually sealed variety.

It could be stilton that I'm talking about but the big ASDA which I got it in has a kind of Euro-Cheese "market" counter which has a real range of Cheese shot through with different sorts of blu veins and of different ages too. Some of it comes from big wax sealed circles. It does all taste differently.

I was very taken aback because I'd tried some samples expecting it to be that "sour", "rotted" taste which I associated it with and thought, well, acquired taste, some people dont like beer and whiskey but develop a taste for it, but, no, this was truly something else. I could have eaten it without anything else like crackers or bread or toasted triangles.

Got to say that I like smoked cheeses and the sort which comes in the "tube" like wrapping, its great for toast made on the open fire or in the fireplace.