User Tag List

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ISTp

Default Panama vs. Costa Rica

Alright, I have a question for all you avid traveler out there. I'm planning a trip to either Panama or Costa Rica with my boyfriend in late September/early October. I know it's the rainy season for both countries, but I've also heard it's not so bad (at least in Costa Rica) and it's cheaper. My question is, which country would you recommend more? We've been to neither, so it'll be n experience either way.
    I have an inner monologue that sounds strikingly similar to something off Animal Planet.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by StephMC View Post
    Alright, I have a question for all you avid traveler out there. I'm planning a trip to either Panama or Costa Rica with my boyfriend in late September/early October. I know it's the rainy season for both countries, but I've also heard it's not so bad (at least in Costa Rica) and it's cheaper. My question is, which country would you recommend more? We've been to neither, so it'll be n experience either way.
    Costa Rica is a surfer's paradise and a plastic surgery Mecca for citizens of the U.S and Europe alike.

My Dad got a full set of porcelain veneers and structural dental work for $5,000 in Costa Rica, because his dentist in Virginia was asking $25,000 - $40,000 for the same work. His teeth look like Tom Cruise's now.

Panama seems like a good place to get abducted by militant guerilla groups? I don't know much about it, but I also don't hear of many folks going there for vacations. I hear of folks going to Costa Rica all the time...and they come back too.
    --------------------
    Type Stats:
    MBTI -> (E) 77.14% | (i) 22.86% ; (S) 60% | (n) 40% ; (T) 72.22% | (f) 27.78% ; (P) 51.43% | (j) 48.57%
    BIG 5 -> Extroversion 77% ; Accommodation 60% ; Orderliness 62% ; Emotional Stability 64% ; Open Mindedness 74%

Quotes:
    "If somebody asks your MBTI type on a first date, run". -Donna Cecilia
    "Enneagram is psychological underpinnings. Cognitive Functions are mental reasoning and perceptional processes. -Sanjuro

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Costa Rica is my #1 ever dream vacation (someday when I'm rich...lol) but I don't know much about Panama. I bet you'll have a blast either way though.
    -end of thread-

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

I would happily go to either... there's some regions of Panama that have more of an indigenous flavor and are wilder (and have fewer tourists) if that's what you're looking for, but either is supposed to be fabulous. My cousin and his wife went to Panama on vacation a few years ago and LOVED it

I've threatened the man with both on my vacation list, but he said he'd rather just find a nice resort in CR where he could enjoy the luxury and the exchange rate and send me off to climb volcanoes or traipse through the rainforests by myself
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Both my sisters just came back from Panama, they LOVED IT.

They also both have been to Costa Rica plenty o' times.

But if you're looking for adventure, go to Panama.

`
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ISTp

Thanks for your input, guys! (Halla, I knew you'd comment on this type of thread ) Both countries sound pretty awesome from what I hear, so I'm sure I'll have a good time no matter what... I think I'll just have to flip a coin. The other country will be waitin for me next year!

And Randomnity, I'm right there with you. Costa Rica has always been my dream country, so I think that's what I'm leaning to. Panama came in because a friend went there in March and said it was absolutely incredible. What sold me is he described a bar he went to where you had to get there by boat, and everyone was in their swimsuits and diving off the side. And he said that THAT place was the AFTER party!

Anyone have any input on what part of the country I should go to for both Panama and/or Costa Rica? I think for October I definitely need to go to the Caribbean side, but that's just a guess.
    I have an inner monologue that sounds strikingly similar to something off Animal Planet.

costa rica, i was staying at the peninsula papagayo
    it's incredible there.

carribean, i have a soft spot for nevis. but also love aruba.

aruba <3
    every normal man must be tempted, at times,
    to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag,
    and begin slitting throats.
    h.l. mencken