• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Panama vs. Costa Rica

StephMC

Controlled Mischief
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Alright, I have a question for all you avid traveler out there. I'm planning a trip to either Panama or Costa Rica with my boyfriend in late September/early October. I know it's the rainy season for both countries, but I've also heard it's not so bad (at least in Costa Rica) and it's cheaper. My question is, which country would you recommend more? We've been to neither, so it'll be n experience either way.

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Alright, I have a question for all you avid traveler out there. I'm planning a trip to either Panama or Costa Rica with my boyfriend in late September/early October. I know it's the rainy season for both countries, but I've also heard it's not so bad (at least in Costa Rica) and it's cheaper. My question is, which country would you recommend more? We've been to neither, so it'll be n experience either way.

Costa Rica is a surfer's paradise and a plastic surgery Mecca for citizens of the U.S and Europe alike.

My Dad got a full set of porcelain veneers and structural dental work for $5,000 in Costa Rica, because his dentist in Virginia was asking $25,000 - $40,000 for the same work. His teeth look like Tom Cruise's now. :cheese:

Panama seems like a good place to get abducted by militant guerilla groups? I don't know much about it, but I also don't hear of many folks going there for vacations. I hear of folks going to Costa Rica all the time...and they come back too. :newwink:

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Costa Rica is my #1 ever dream vacation (someday when I'm rich...lol) but I don't know much about Panama. I bet you'll have a blast either way though.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I would happily go to either... there's some regions of Panama that have more of an indigenous flavor and are wilder (and have fewer tourists) if that's what you're looking for, but either is supposed to be fabulous. My cousin and his wife went to Panama on vacation a few years ago and LOVED it :yes:

I've threatened the man with both on my vacation list, but he said he'd rather just find a nice resort in CR where he could enjoy the luxury and the exchange rate and send me off to climb volcanoes or traipse through the rainforests by myself :laugh:

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Both my sisters just came back from Panama, they LOVED IT.

They also both have been to Costa Rica plenty o' times.

But if you're looking for adventure, go to Panama.

:yes:

StephMC

Controlled Mischief
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Thanks for your input, guys! :D (Halla, I knew you'd comment on this type of thread :laugh:) Both countries sound pretty awesome from what I hear, so I'm sure I'll have a good time no matter what... I think I'll just have to flip a coin. The other country will be waitin for me next year!

And Randomnity, I'm right there with you. Costa Rica has always been my dream country, so I think that's what I'm leaning to. Panama came in because a friend went there in March and said it was absolutely incredible. What sold me is he described a bar he went to where you had to get there by boat, and everyone was in their swimsuits and diving off the side. :party2: And he said that THAT place was the AFTER party!

Anyone have any input on what part of the country I should go to for both Panama and/or Costa Rica? I think for October I definitely need to go to the Caribbean side, but that's just a guess.

mmhmm

meinmeinmein!
costa rica, i was staying at the peninsula papagayo
it's incredible there.

carribean, i have a soft spot for nevis. but also love aruba.

32498_433532955411_702150411_5969184_4080314_n.jpg

aruba <3