• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Bacon and cheese-stuffed pizza burger

foolish heart

MBTI Type
ISTP
Just gotta say... eating something as 'terrible' as the bacon cheese stuffed pizza burger, deep fried twinkies, or KFC's double down is not really any worse for your health than an equal amount of excess cholesterol and saturated fat spread over many different meals.

actually, it's probably healthier to consume a humongous dose of crappy food all at once and pass a lot of it because there's too much to be digested than perpetually eat a diet of a moderated excess of cholesterol and fat and have every bit of it collect in your arteries.

just for some of you who like to scoff at someone eating these things but then consuming a tiny excess of the same unhealthy ingredients every day. :D

Lark

Just gotta say... eating something as 'terrible' as the bacon cheese stuffed pizza burger, deep fried twinkies, or KFC's double down is not really any worse for your health than an equal amount of excess cholesterol and saturated fat spread over many different meals.

actually, it's probably healthier to consume a humongous dose of crappy food all at once and pass a lot of it because there's too much to be digested than perpetually eat a diet of a moderated excess of cholesterol and fat and have every bit of it collect in your arteries.

just for some of you who like to scoff at someone eating these things but then consuming a tiny excess of the same unhealthy ingredients every day. :D

This interests me because I would like to know how I could eat these sorts of unhealthy meals as part of a healthy diet, I remember watching supersize me and they went from saying fast food could be a healthy diet, to should only be consumed as part of a healthy diet, to had no place in a healthy diet.

While the guy himself wasnt a vegan it appeared as though a vegan diet was the thing to have.

foolish heart

MBTI Type
ISTP
This interests me because I would like to know how I could eat these sorts of unhealthy meals as part of a healthy diet, I remember watching supersize me and they went from saying fast food could be a healthy diet, to should only be consumed as part of a healthy diet, to had no place in a healthy diet.

While the guy himself wasnt a vegan it appeared as though a vegan diet was the thing to have.

i believe what those statements meant... it could be a healthy diet which is unlikely but something they wanted to find out, to it can be consumed without making the diet unhealthy, to making the final conclusion that there is really no nutritional advantage whatsoever to fast food. So really, it's just different statements about the same thing.

To answer your question, it's best to not think of this sort of food as "part" of a healthy diet at all. A healthy diet should consist mostly of the raw ingredients (i.e. recognizable on the food pyramid) of major food groups. However, these "super unhealthy" foods can be consumed without a relevant amount of negative effect if eaten as a rare exception. The body of someone who eats healthy the majority of the time will have no issue processing "disgustingly unhealthy" food once in a while. :)

If you want to know how much is acceptable exactly, there are simply too many variables to say for sure. Consider alcohol consumption... although the intoxicating effect is desirable, it's actually a poison which is why its handled by the liver. It's only when you go beyond a certain tipping point of what your body can process that you become ill. Same idea with these unhealthy foods... no, they are not part of a healthy diet, but they do taste delicious and as long as the amount or frequency does not pass that invisible line then you won't have things like dangerous cholesterol build up.

Best to err on the safe side, but there are a lot of factors involved and everyone is different. I would say more important than being hyper vigilant of your diet is to see your doctor regularly and ask them about your cholesterol levels and such.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
hmmm... if the hamburger were better done (I don't like my ground beef to be pink unless I ground it and know the quality of the meat!) I might consider trying that :cheese:

then again, I tried chocolate covered bacon and deep fried oreos at the last state fair, and adore bacon, so I might not be the best judge :laugh:

I eat healthy about 13 days out of 14... on the other day I will eat as I wish... which usually means a nice bacon cheeseburger and fries :wubbie: The other 13 days it's things like grilled fish with vegetables and such, so I think I deserve it!

infjwatching

Chocolate covered bacon and deep fried Oreo's I am going to have to try that, P we are going to the state fair in October.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
What is that? Is it like burgers and chips on a pizza with cheese over it? I'm thinking of buying this book.

A lot less mega but just as unhealthy likely, I love battered burgers, battered haggis and battered pasties.

It's a couple Happy Meals on a prebaked pizza shell. Chicken Nuggets, cheeseburgers and fries w/cheese on top.