• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Geoff's in the mountains in Spain, want to live here [further pics posted]?

Geoff

Lallygag Moderator
MBTI Type
INXP
Ok, a couple more from last week in Spain...

Who'd like to live up in the mountains in a place like this?

2152697377_93d992b5da_b.jpg

Geoff

Lallygag Moderator
MBTI Type
INXP
If you get bored of looking at the distant sea in the view above, you can always look at the nearby scenery out of the rear window..

2152734137_bec678940e_b.jpg

Geoff

Lallygag Moderator
MBTI Type
INXP
Or peer up from the roof to the surrounding mountains...

(criticisms, encouragements etc welcome as always)

2153493272_edb851c001_b.jpg

white

~dangerous curves ahead~
MBTI Type
ENTP
Nice composition. I'm wondering about the light though - is the washout towards the back deliberate, or the sky was not really clear, coupled with afternoon shooting?

Wondering how the same shots in the half hour before the sun sets would look - the starkness of the mountains softened by the fading blue / gold light IOW?

htb

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Oh, I don't know. All that majesty would grow boring, and you'd be pining for the suburbs.

Crack photographs, as usual.

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
Ok, a couple more from last week in Spain...

2152697377_93d992b5da_b.jpg

Me! :raises hands:

At least for a little while. Little meaning a week or few. If there was something to occupy me. Like monastic living.

Are there goats? For some reason I imagine there'd be goats .

Sandy

MBTI Type
INFP
Beautiful, Geoff... just beautiful! *imagines walking out every day to see the beautiful view with a cup off coffee in my hand* Oh, you can probably imagine how much I would enjoy being around this breathtaking scenery every day! *sigh*

Oh, and aelan... I can imagine how beautiful it would be at sunset or sunrise! :wubbie:

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
What a beautiful place!
I'd LOVE to live there!

lastrailway

Spain is a nice country and, unfortunately I've seen less of it's landscapes than what I'd like. Oh, well, there's always time.
Excellent photos, by the way.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Beautiful photographs. I don't know what else I can say. Just lovely.

Once again I've been completely oblivious to good threads....I haven't looked at any of your other photo threads yet :doh:, but will start doing so. I enjoy photography & nature quite a bit myself, which is why it's silly I haven't looked through your threads yet.

Geoff

Lallygag Moderator
MBTI Type
INXP
Nice composition. I'm wondering about the light though - is the washout towards the back deliberate, or the sky was not really clear, coupled with afternoon shooting?

Wondering how the same shots in the half hour before the sun sets would look - the starkness of the mountains softened by the fading blue / gold light IOW?

Thankyou. The washout was terrible... low winter sun on a warmish day with heat haze. What you are seeing is the result of a polarising filter and some work with reducing the blue luminance on developing (digitally in lightroom). To the naked eye it was just haze, it was actually quite a revelation to see the detail that was picked up by the camera through the polariser...

Yes, the sunset would have been great.. but... there was no way I could have taken it. I was an hour's drive in to the mountains, and in the car I had some great barbeque ingredients, some woodchips and coals, and a villa to go back to with cold beer. Would you have stayed until after sunset :devil: ?

Oh, I don't know. All that majesty would grow boring, and you'd be pining for the suburbs.

Crack photographs, as usual.

Thank you!

Me! :raises hands:

At least for a little while. Little meaning a week or few. If there was something to occupy me. Like monastic living.

Are there goats? For some reason I imagine there'd be goats .

Yes, quite a few goats in Spain... didn't see any at this spot, but I did get some good shots of them at sunrise in the mountains on Mallorca (let me just rummage through the collection...)

Beautiful, Geoff... just beautiful! *imagines walking out every day to see the beautiful view with a cup off coffee in my hand* Oh, you can probably imagine how much I would enjoy being around this breathtaking scenery every day! *sigh*

Oh, and aelan... I can imagine how beautiful it would be at sunset or sunrise! :wubbie:

It is a good spot isnt it.. quite a few tourists, and I can see why...

Wow. I'm game!

Twister could be dangerous at altitude!

What a beautiful place!
I'd LOVE to live there!

Did I mention the busloads of tourists? I am not sure how it'd be midsummer with busloads... it was great in December though!

Spain is a nice country and, unfortunately I've seen less of it's landscapes than what I'd like. Oh, well, there's always time.
Excellent photos, by the way.

Thank you. Spain is a fun country, so much ugly development, and so much beautiful scenery and natural wonder. Contrasts, that's for sure...

Beautiful photographs. I don't know what else I can say. Just lovely.

Once again I've been completely oblivious to good threads....I haven't looked at any of your other photo threads yet :doh:, but will start doing so. I enjoy photography & nature quite a bit myself, which is why it's silly I haven't looked through your threads yet.

Glad you liked!

Beautiful places & pictures again! Thanks! :)

Thankyou!

-Geoff

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
It would almost seem sacrilegious to play Twister in such a locale.

Almost.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Amazing pics Geoff. You certainly delve into many inspiring adventures. Thanks for sharing pics.

MBTI Type
INTJ
Great photos! I will have to look through your other threads, I can't believe they have eluded me until now.

What a lovely view to have every day. Of course, the first thing I thought of though was "God, what a pain in the ass it must be when you need to run out for a quart of milk!"

Geoff

Lallygag Moderator
MBTI Type
INXP
Well.. there are some shops and things, it's a little medieval village on the top of the mountain... just in case you wanted to know what it looked like...

2152729029_a68082c9e2_b.jpg

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Well.. there are some shops and things, it's a little medieval village on the top of the mountain... just in case you wanted to know what it looked like...

2152729029_a68082c9e2_b.jpg
There's a group of people on the lower right who look like they are just standing and enjoying the beautiful view.