User Tag List

First 12

Spain is a nice country and, unfortunately I've seen less of it's landscapes than what I'd like. Oh, well, there's always time.
    Excellent photos, by the way.

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

Beautiful photographs. I don't know what else I can say. Just lovely.

Once again I've been completely oblivious to good threads....I haven't looked at any of your other photo threads yet , but will start doing so. I enjoy photography & nature quite a bit myself, which is why it's silly I haven't looked through your threads yet.
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ????

Beautiful places & pictures again! Thanks!

MBTI
    INXP

Quote Originally Posted by aelan View Post
    Nice composition. I'm wondering about the light though - is the washout towards the back deliberate, or the sky was not really clear, coupled with afternoon shooting?

Wondering how the same shots in the half hour before the sun sets would look - the starkness of the mountains softened by the fading blue / gold light IOW?
    Thankyou. The washout was terrible... low winter sun on a warmish day with heat haze. What you are seeing is the result of a polarising filter and some work with reducing the blue luminance on developing (digitally in lightroom). To the naked eye it was just haze, it was actually quite a revelation to see the detail that was picked up by the camera through the polariser...

Yes, the sunset would have been great.. but... there was no way I could have taken it. I was an hour's drive in to the mountains, and in the car I had some great barbeque ingredients, some woodchips and coals, and a villa to go back to with cold beer. Would you have stayed until after sunset ?

Quote Originally Posted by htb View Post
    Oh, I don't know. All that majesty would grow boring, and you'd be pining for the suburbs.

Crack photographs, as usual.
    Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by CzeCze View Post
    Me! :raises hands:

At least for a little while. Little meaning a week or few. If there was something to occupy me. Like monastic living.

Are there goats? For some reason I imagine there'd be goats .
    Yes, quite a few goats in Spain... didn't see any at this spot, but I did get some good shots of them at sunrise in the mountains on Mallorca (let me just rummage through the collection...)

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy View Post
    Beautiful, Geoff... just beautiful! *imagines walking out every day to see the beautiful view with a cup off coffee in my hand* Oh, you can probably imagine how much I would enjoy being around this breathtaking scenery every day! *sigh*

Oh, and aelan... I can imagine how beautiful it would be at sunset or sunrise!
    It is a good spot isnt it.. quite a few tourists, and I can see why...

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Wow. I'm game!
    Twister could be dangerous at altitude!

Quote Originally Posted by INTJMom View Post
    What a beautiful place!
    I'd LOVE to live there!
    Did I mention the busloads of tourists? I am not sure how it'd be midsummer with busloads... it was great in December though!

Quote Originally Posted by lastrailway View Post
    Spain is a nice country and, unfortunately I've seen less of it's landscapes than what I'd like. Oh, well, there's always time.
    Excellent photos, by the way.
    Thank you. Spain is a fun country, so much ugly development, and so much beautiful scenery and natural wonder. Contrasts, that's for sure...

Quote Originally Posted by cascademn View Post
    Beautiful photographs. I don't know what else I can say. Just lovely.

Once again I've been completely oblivious to good threads....I haven't looked at any of your other photo threads yet , but will start doing so. I enjoy photography & nature quite a bit myself, which is why it's silly I haven't looked through your threads yet.
    Glad you liked!

Quote Originally Posted by Alcearos View Post
    Beautiful places & pictures again! Thanks!
    Thankyou!

-Geoff

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

It would almost seem sacrilegious to play Twister in such a locale.

Almost.
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Amazing pics Geoff. You certainly delve into many inspiring adventures. Thanks for sharing pics.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

Great photos! I will have to look through your other threads, I can't believe they have eluded me until now.

What a lovely view to have every day. Of course, the first thing I thought of though was "God, what a pain in the ass it must be when you need to run out for a quart of milk!"

MBTI
    INXP

Well.. there are some shops and things, it's a little medieval village on the top of the mountain... just in case you wanted to know what it looked like...

MBTI
    INXP

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff View Post
    Well.. there are some shops and things, it's a little medieval village on the top of the mountain... just in case you wanted to know what it looked like...

There's a group of people on the lower right who look like they are just standing and enjoying the beautiful view.