• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Nuts, Fruits and Vegies of the World!

Synapse

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I used to collect pictures of fruit trees and thinking I am so going to plant every kind of fruit there is someday. Ha, what kind of universe.

I'm not allergic to the whole food chain just some produce, mumbles something about wheat plus sugar, like lambs, calves and piglets. You know poor little critters can you imagine steaks and such from their doe eyes, awww, you sick persons you as you munch on some beef right about now and um moo…ahaha is certain there's a story there too.

You sweet, sweet, sweet omnivores don't suppose vegans are super. Its all that lack of meat protein surely, like isn't caring, poultry and aquatic life for me. Mmm aquatic life, sun dried jellyfish tastes just like poppadoms, haha not really, only in Japan.

Back to food sensitivity, well that'd take at great length to speak of.

Rather lets take a closer look at some of the nuts of the world.

almonds.jpg

Almonds – isn't that crazy about almonds though makes for good recipes.

hazelnut.jpg

Hazelnuts – loves hazelnuts, nutella and all that sugar, sighs!

ING-walnuts-english_sql.jpg

Walnuts – looks like a brain, my brain where have you been all this time.

cashews.jpg

Cashews – mind you looks a bit like snot, tasty as.

Laden-with-Antioxidants-Pecans-Good-for-Our-Health-2.jpg

Pecan nuts – mmm brainy sort of but oh so tasty.

nuts-brazil-ns.jpg

Brazil nuts – are perhaps a mystery, isn't certain what they taste like now.

i-peanuts.jpg

Peanuts – in a shell, can't say peanut butter does it for me.

Macadamian%20Nuts.jpg

Macadamia nuts – can't say is a fan, started eating a bag full and really wasn't my day though in moderation is a treat.

image1.jpg

Pistachio nuts – revisement of snot look alike contest over, hasn't found them to be that great at all.

No factoid unturned unless it's a brain molecule, well sort of with graphics. Speaks more of these bastions of edibles sometime unless its chickpeas, sure, chickpeas too and other legumes and nuts and the strange and wonderful word of vegetable(s) and fruit(s). Grins.

I'm constantly surprised to learn what is edible out there some days.
Talk about or rather post pictures of anything nuts, fruits and vegies related right here that's normal and unusual!

mmhmm

meinmeinmein!
mangosteen.jpg

mangosteens. tastes like... heaven.
my favourite fruit.

i love nuts, since going raw i've been consuming so much.
i just made a raw just-like-cheesecake with cashews.
deeelish.

Metamorphosis

MBTI Type
INTJ
my favourite fruit.

Is this just some normal fruit I've never noticed before or are they difficult to find?

Also, Roasted Pecans are awesome.

(unless you pronounce it pee-can, which is annoying)

I used to eat a lot more nuts when I actually had time and money to snack on them and fruits and shit.

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Dry roasted almonds, particularly a brand called Emerald, are crack.

Synapse

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
mangosteen.jpg

my favourite fruit.

i love nuts, since going raw i've been consuming so much.
i just made a raw just-like-cheesecake with cashews.
deeelish.

That is so great, where can you get them?

Do Mangosteens taste like mangoes? Looks a bit like Lychees.

lychee.JPG

Synapse

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Some interesting fruits I'd also like to sample someday when I can eat fructose.

carambola_2.jpg

Carambola

jackfruit.jpg

Jackfruit

eugenia_brasiliensis_purple_yellow_grumichama_small.jpg

Grumichama berries tropical equivalent of cherries.

Synapse

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Also, Roasted Pecans are awesome.

(unless you pronounce it pee-can, which is annoying)

I used to eat a lot more nuts when I actually had time and money to snack on them and fruits and shit.

Roasted, I'll look into that. Yeah I know what you mean I'm finding a healthier diet costs more.

I already was eating a healthier diet I thought, apparently my body disagreed or something.

Synapse

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Dry roasted almonds, particularly a brand called Emerald, are crack.

Emerald, unlikely to get the brand in Australia. Though I'm hearing roasted pecans and almonds are delightful on the taste buds.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Roasted, I'll look into that. Yeah I know what you mean I'm finding a healthier diet costs more.

I already was eating a healthier diet I thought, apparently my body disagreed or something.

How is buying nuts, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, whole fruit, or canned fruit/vegetables more expensive than buying junk food? It's really not.

The only way eating healthier is more expensive is if you're on such a low budget you're living off of Top Ramen, boiled eggs, and peanut butter sandwiches.

Sparrow

Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Fuyu Persimmons=mmm mmm good!

They have a very delicate, sweet, mellow taste 

3050470243_1aab2c81bd.jpg

Fuyu%20persimmons.jpg

Synapse

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
How is buying nuts, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, whole fruit, or canned fruit/vegetables more expensive than buying junk food? It's really not.

The only way eating healthier is more expensive is if you're on such a low budget you're living off of Top Ramen, boiled eggs, and peanut butter sandwiches.

I am on a low budget.

Nuts cost heaps, although sunflower, pumpkin seeds and lentils are fine. I've stopped eating junkfood and started eating healthy already although removing wholegrains and every kind of sugar sucks. That would include peanut butter, cheese, milk, canned fruit and veg, processed is bad since everything processes has sugar added, and while it would be easy to speculate its natural sugar, processed just implies what it says. Raw is pretty much the only way for me at the moment. My extra new vegetable diet is $20 more on top of my normal $40 weekly grocery bill. ha I'm practically paying my rent $300 pw with income that is flaky at best, then affordability tends to fall for me.

But I love to see the different variety out there.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I am on a low budget.

Nuts cost heaps, although sunflower, pumpkin seeds and lentils are fine. I've stopped eating junkfood and started eating healthy already although removing wholegrains and every kind of sugar sucks. That would include peanut butter, cheese, milk, canned fruit and veg, processed is bad since everything processes has sugar added, and while it would be easy to speculate its natural sugar, processed just implies what it says. Raw is pretty much the only way for me at the moment. My extra new vegetable diet is $20 more on top of my normal $40 weekly grocery bill. ha I'm practically paying my rent $300 pw with income that is flaky at best, then affordability tends to fall for me.

But I love to see the different variety out there.

Well, yeah, eating raw or vegan is FUCKING EXPENSIVE if you do it right. But that's not the same thing as just eating a healthy, balanced omnivorous diet.

I eat more sunflower seeds than nuts, but if you buy nuts in smaller single serving packages they're not that expensive at all.

Also - I don't know what you're talking about when you say all peanut butter and canned fruit or veg has sugar. That's totally false.

Synapse

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Well, yeah, eating raw or vegan is FUCKING EXPENSIVE if you do it right. But that's not the same thing as just eating a healthy, balanced omnivorous diet.

I eat more sunflower seeds than nuts, but if you buy nuts in smaller single serving packages they're not that expensive at all.

Also - I don't know what you're talking about when you say all peanut butter and canned fruit or veg has sugar. That's totally false.

I didn't say all, I said anything processed has a question mark for me. And it may be a false assumption on my part, sorry about that, I'll have to look into it more. I could be mixing it up with why I can't eat peanuts on a candida diet, hahah and I thought my hypoglycemia diet was sweet!

mmhmm

meinmeinmein!
That is so great, where can you get them?

Do Mangosteens taste like mangoes? Looks a bit like Lychees.

i live in the tropics, so they're easily found here.
doesn't taste anything like mangoes :)
tastes like peaches and strawberries with a hint of vanilla.
they're wonderful.

i also find eating healthier costs more, especially for organic
and fresh foods. something as simple as apples, organic fuji
apple can cost triple the price.

especially being on a raw food diet, the foods i consume are
so much higher priced. making a raw-cheesecake (nuts, dates,
figs) is more expensive that cream cheese, processed sugar
and flour.

mmhmm

meinmeinmein!
Some interesting fruits I'd also like to sample someday when I can eat fructose.

carambola_2.jpg

Carambola

jackfruit.jpg

Jackfruit

eugenia_brasiliensis_purple_yellow_grumichama_small.jpg

Grumichama berries tropical equivalent of cherries.

the top one, we call star fruit, because, well. it looks like a star.

jackfruits have a lovely fatty texture.

mmm healthy berries. makes me hungry.

ragashree

Reason vs Being
MBTI Type
Mine
Enneagram
1w9
i live in the tropics, so they're easily found here.
doesn't taste anything like mangoes :)
tastes like peaches and strawberries with a hint of vanilla.
they're wonderful.
I tried one once when I saw it in the "exotic" section of the supermarket, I remember it having a slight strawberry flavour more than anything. I suspect they're one of these fruits that's mostly confined to the tropics though; I haven't seen them very often, and I'm not sure they travel well.

carambola_2.jpg

Carambola
I wouldn't bother if I were you... I mean, they're quite decorative, but they don't really taste of much, just a sweetish, slightly sharp flavour with no real distinguishing characteristics, and a rather fibrous texture on the outside. Best thing to do is cut into cross-sections and put them on top of things to make them look pretty ;)

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I didn't say all, I said anything processed has a question mark for me. And it may be a false assumption on my part, sorry about that, I'll have to look into it more. I could be mixing it up with why I can't eat peanuts on a candida diet, hahah and I thought my hypoglycemia diet was sweet!

oooh .... I see. Yeah I buy peanut butter that contains no sugar a lot, and there usually isn't ever sugar in canned or frozen vegetables, and as far as fruit goes you can get it without sugar now, they even put Splenda in fruit cocktail now...though you probably don't do Splenda if you avoid processed.

Are you allergic to peanuts? What's a candida diet?

Synapse

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
oooh .... I see. Yeah I buy peanut butter that contains no sugar a lot, and there usually isn't ever sugar in canned or frozen vegetables, and as far as fruit goes you can get it without sugar now, they even put Splenda in fruit cocktail now...though you probably don't do Splenda if you avoid processed.

Are you allergic to peanuts? What's a candida diet?

Candida is a yeast infection. Nah its because its got mold and even the tiniest bit of sugar isn't good apparently or something, just as well I'm not gluten intolerant like my mother or lactose intolerant like my brother.

The Anti Candida Diet