• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Butter on Waffles

Butter on Waffles

• Total voters

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
So some controversy has arisen, and I say butter belongs on waffles but someone not going to say who but it starts with a k and ends with atsuni says it doesn't. who is correct?

MBTI Type
INTJ
Butter clearly belongs on waffles if you're serving them with syrup. But if you're having fruit on your waffles, not necessary.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I eat ONLY butter on waffles... I think that syrup is disgusting :sick:

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
my room mate hates syrup so she puts sugar on her waffles and pancakes.
btw on pumpkin waffles if you melt butter and mix in cinnamon and sugar and pour it on the waffle it's so good.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
butter and lots of real maple syrup

stringstheory

THIS bitch
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Smothered in butter, light on the syrup. Mmmmm, i love butter. In fact, i'm going to toast myself some waffles now :D

demimondaine

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
i haven't thought about waffles in a while, probably haven't had one in about 2 years, never really was crazy for them..

.. but after reading this, i NEED one! NOW! we'll talk about buttering when we get there..

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
i haven't thought about waffles in a while, probably haven't had one in about 2 years, never really was crazy for them..

.. but after reading this, i NEED one! NOW! we'll talk about buttering when we get there..

ME, TOO.

Butter is essential for true waffle enjoyment. The more, the better.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Butter only belongs on waffles when they're being eaten with syrup, which is why I picked "sometimes"...if they're being eaten with fruit topping and whipped cream, butter would just be gross.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I prefer fruit & whipped cream, and I don't mind butter also, but it's not necessary. I don't like maple syrup on waffles (or pancakes).

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
ok i do love fruit and whip cream on waffles. especially pie filling i found these jars of pie filling and once i have money again i'm buying some blueberry pie filling and putting it on my waffles in the morning.

gromit

likes this
ok i do love fruit and whip cream on waffles. especially pie filling i found these jars of pie filling and once i have money again i'm buying some blueberry pie filling and putting it on my waffles in the morning.

Oh this is such a fantastic thread!

You can make some pretty cheaply by heating frozen blueberries in a skillet.

P

Phantonym

Butter on waffles? How odd and possibly gag-worthy. Hm. But I don't really like butter anyway. :thinking: Am I the only one who likes waffles plain? Straight from the...um...waffle-making-machine, totally fresh and hot and without any interfering factors. Cool. :laugh:

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
depends i suppose i don't like maple syrup

my room mate made them i can post the recipe she used

3 cups flour
5 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/4 tsp salt
1/3 cup brown sugar
1 can solid pack pure pumpkin
3 eggs,lightly beaten
2 1/2 cups milk
3/4 cup melted butter

In large bowl whisk flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt; set aside. mix beaten eggs and brown sugar in seperate bowl. add pumpkin and milk-mix well. add melted butter and mix again. Add pumpkin mixture to flour mixture, stir to mix, do not beat. add mixture to preheated waffle iron cook til done

S

sammy

depends i suppose i don't like maple syrup

my room mate made them i can post the recipe she used

3 cups flour
5 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/4 tsp salt
1/3 cup brown sugar
1 can solid pack pure pumpkin
3 eggs,lightly beaten
2 1/2 cups milk
3/4 cup melted butter

In large bowl whisk flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt; set aside. mix beaten eggs and brown sugar in seperate bowl. add pumpkin and milk-mix well. add melted butter and mix again. Add pumpkin mixture to flour mixture, stir to mix, do not beat. add mixture to preheated waffle iron cook til done

awesome!

Yeah, I put butter on waffles, too. AND syrup. I've a major sweet and savory tooth.

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
You're supposed to microwave the butter and syrup together and drizzle/drench your waffle accordingly.

Noobs.

Redbone

Orisha
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
When people say syrup do they mean maple syrup or that "pancake" syrup stuff?

:drool: Have never tried but now I must do so soon... do you make them yourself?

I think most are talking about the tweaked high fructose corn syrup. If you're really fancy, you can go for the ones that actually have a few drops of maple syrup in it to flavor it.
It's pretty expensive where I live--cost way more than the waffles.