User Tag List

View Poll Results: Butter on Waffles

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    22 78.57%
  • No

    2 7.14%
  • Sometimes

    4 14.29%
  • Leave me the fuck out of this I refuse to pick I side.

    0 0%
First 123 Last

Results 11 to 20 of 22

  1. #11
    Sugar Hiccup OrangeAppled's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni
    Posts
    7,661

    Default

    I prefer fruit & whipped cream, and I don't mind butter also, but it's not necessary. I don't like maple syrup on waffles (or pancakes).
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

    INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

  2. #12
    Senior Member prplchknz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    yupp
    Posts
    29,781

    Default

    ok i do love fruit and whip cream on waffles. especially pie filling i found these jars of pie filling and once i have money again i'm buying some blueberry pie filling and putting it on my waffles in the morning.
    In no likes experiment.

    that is all

    i dunno what else to say so

  3. #13
    likes this gromit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    6,652

    Default

    When people say syrup do they mean maple syrup or that "pancake" syrup stuff?

    Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    ...pumpkin waffles...
    Have never tried but now I must do so soon... do you make them yourself?
    Your kisses, sweeter than honey. But guess what, so is my money.

  4. #14
    likes this gromit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    6,652

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    ok i do love fruit and whip cream on waffles. especially pie filling i found these jars of pie filling and once i have money again i'm buying some blueberry pie filling and putting it on my waffles in the morning.
    Oh this is such a fantastic thread!

    You can make some pretty cheaply by heating frozen blueberries in a skillet.
    Your kisses, sweeter than honey. But guess what, so is my money.

  5. #15
    Phantonym
    Guest

    Default

    Butter on waffles? How odd and possibly gag-worthy. Hm. But I don't really like butter anyway. Am I the only one who likes waffles plain? Straight from the...um...waffle-making-machine, totally fresh and hot and without any interfering factors. Cool.

  6. #16
    Senior Member prplchknz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    yupp
    Posts
    29,781

    Default

    depends i suppose i don't like maple syrup

    my room mate made them i can post the recipe she used

    3 cups flour
    5 tsp baking powder
    1/2 tsp baking soda
    1/2 tsp cinnamon
    1/2 tsp nutmeg
    1/4 tsp salt
    1/3 cup brown sugar
    1 can solid pack pure pumpkin
    3 eggs,lightly beaten
    2 1/2 cups milk
    3/4 cup melted butter

    In large bowl whisk flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt; set aside. mix beaten eggs and brown sugar in seperate bowl. add pumpkin and milk-mix well. add melted butter and mix again. Add pumpkin mixture to flour mixture, stir to mix, do not beat. add mixture to preheated waffle iron cook til done
    In no likes experiment.

    that is all

    i dunno what else to say so

  7. #17
    sammy
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    depends i suppose i don't like maple syrup

    my room mate made them i can post the recipe she used

    3 cups flour
    5 tsp baking powder
    1/2 tsp baking soda
    1/2 tsp cinnamon
    1/2 tsp nutmeg
    1/4 tsp salt
    1/3 cup brown sugar
    1 can solid pack pure pumpkin
    3 eggs,lightly beaten
    2 1/2 cups milk
    3/4 cup melted butter

    In large bowl whisk flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt; set aside. mix beaten eggs and brown sugar in seperate bowl. add pumpkin and milk-mix well. add melted butter and mix again. Add pumpkin mixture to flour mixture, stir to mix, do not beat. add mixture to preheated waffle iron cook til done
    awesome!

    Yeah, I put butter on waffles, too. AND syrup. I've a major sweet and savory tooth.

  8. #18
    Senior Member prplchknz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    yupp
    Posts
    29,781

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gromit View Post
    Oh this is such a fantastic thread!

    You can make some pretty cheaply by heating frozen blueberries in a skillet.
    i should try that, but i can't even afford frozen blueberries, haha
    In no likes experiment.

    that is all

    i dunno what else to say so

  9. #19
    Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    8,193

    Default

    You're supposed to microwave the butter and syrup together and drizzle/drench your waffle accordingly.

    Noobs.



  10. #20
    As Long As It Takes.... Redbone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Posts
    2,879

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gromit View Post
    When people say syrup do they mean maple syrup or that "pancake" syrup stuff?


    Have never tried but now I must do so soon... do you make them yourself?
    I think most are talking about the tweaked high fructose corn syrup. If you're really fancy, you can go for the ones that actually have a few drops of maple syrup in it to flavor it.
    It's pretty expensive where I live--cost way more than the waffles.

Similar Threads

  1. You're on an island. With a television.
    By disregard in forum Arts & Entertainment
    Replies: 117
    Last Post: 05-02-2012, 01:40 AM
  2. John Edwards On WTC Building 7
    By FranG in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 02-02-2009, 07:11 PM
  3. Just what is on your desk?
    By disregard in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 05-25-2007, 08:19 PM
  4. ISFJ on board
    By Shimpei in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 04-25-2007, 07:36 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO