• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Strange and Unusual Food Concoctions or Combinations

chooi

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4/9
I know lots of people go for the fries and frosties combo. My friend and I have started putting cheese and hot sauce in almost every batch of ramen that we make.

What other strange forms of food combination art do you guys practice or have heard of? Is it delicious? Do other people agree with you? Will they even eat it?

BRMC117

is an ambi-turner
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
3w2
my boyfreinds brother eats corndogs with ranch. that just sounds gross to me

ragashree

Reason vs Being
MBTI Type
Mine
Enneagram
1w9
6.11.08-elvers.jpg

Mmm, tasty though. Any guesses? :whistling:

ragashree

Reason vs Being
MBTI Type
Mine
Enneagram
1w9
Pretty damn close now :) they're actually fried elvers (juvenile eels)

Here are some live ones, yum:

f_word_elvering_gallery_10--gt_full_width_landscape.jpg

They're not eaten so much any more due to the fact that the live ones are worth between $500 - $1000/lb for sale to Japanese eel farms (eels can't be bred in captivity, they have to be caught wild and raised). Obviously when they're worth more than top quality caviar to the catcher, people are going to tend to prefer selling them to eating them!

Redbone

Orisha
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I love, love, love, creamed butter and sugar. It tasted even better on Ritz crackers but I can't do that anymore--gluten free household.

Cold sliced hotdogs on Ritz crackers.

Sardines on crackers.

Canned salmon and grits. With onions

chooi

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4/9
I love, love, love, creamed butter and sugar. It tasted even better on Ritz crackers but I can't do that anymore--gluten free household.

Cold sliced hotdogs on Ritz crackers.

Sardines on crackers.

Canned salmon and grits. With onions

Ewww.....gluten-free

chooi

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4/9
Pretty damn close now :) they're actually fried elvers (juvenile eels)

Here are some live ones, yum:

f_word_elvering_gallery_10--gt_full_width_landscape.jpg

Those baby eels remind me of a tiny fish that they have in the Philippines.

181.jpg

It's called pandaka pygmaea (it's a type of gobi). Locally, who the hell knows, everyone seems to have a different name for it. The way the parents usually cook it is mixed up as an egg patty, or just put that shit in vinegar as a kind of fish salad.

chooi

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4/9
No "ewww" allowed in my kitchen--it's all good coming out of here. I'll make it work--even without the gluten. ;)

Hmm, I'll take your word for it. My experience with gluten-less foods is less than excellent.

uncooked oatmeal in water, it tastes like flour

Interesting, how did come by this discovery? And do you also like to eat flour? I love oatmeal and sometimes just eat the oats.