• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

shoo it outside or squish it?

what do you do if you find an insect in the house?

• Total voters

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
say you find a spider or something in your house... what do you do? :huh:

and why?! :holy:

wolfy

awsm
I take it outside a lot. Because it seems like the spider would have more fun that way.

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
Spiders I let live. They seem nice.

Everything else I kill. Sometimes slowly, if they look particularly juicy.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I take spiders outside... I like them, they're kind of cute in an 8 legged manner :wubbie: plus, they eat other bugs

mosquitoes must die, but that's just a fact of life :yes:

P

Phantonym

I squish the bugs more often than not. :sick: I've always hated spiders and there were plenty of other bugs wanting to cozy up in the place I grew up in. If they would only stay away from me but the bastards need to crawl all over the place. The wonders of living outside of the city and beside a lake. The summers are the worst...mosquitoes suck. :dry:

So I guess I've been desensitized to the life of the bugs from an early age. I take no joy in squishing a bug or make it my mission to seek out bugs to squish with fire in my eyes, though. If merely opening a window or a door would take care of the problem, I'd shoo it outside.

And if the roles were reversed, I wouldn't expect anything else from the bug either. :laugh:

InsatiableCuriosity

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Put it outside - we have stuffed up the ecosystems enough by destroying too many of nature's critters, deliberately or inadvertently, without understanding or appreciating their role in the web of life.

Geoff

Lallygag Moderator
MBTI Type
INXP
Sometimes I save them, sometimes I call over one of my cats who can have an impromptu furry many legged snack!

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
crawly things get put outside because i can't bring myself to kill them for just walking around but mosquitoes that want to eat me can die. :)

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Squash it mercilessly. And, to those concerned for the ecosystem - it's a freaking bug. There are 3 x 10^12 times more insects on this planet than there are human beings; the world isn't gonna miss one less.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
it has nothing to do with the eco system or how many there are...it seems unjustified...i once put a spider in the toilet and flushed him and i felt bad. :/

wolfy

awsm
crawly things get put outside because i can't bring myself to kill them for just walking around but mosquitoes that want to eat me can die. :)

It would be pretty cool if you could shoo a mosquito outside.

bruce-lee.jpg

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
it has nothing to do with the eco system or how many there are...it seems unjustified...i once put a spider in the toilet and flushed him and i felt bad. :/
Well, yeah, but my comment wasn't directed at you. :newwink: It was more for the benefit of people who think killing a mosquito will destabilize the environment or someshit (like InsatiableCuriosity for example).

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Well, yeah, but my comment wasn't directed at you. :newwink: It was more for the benefit of people who think killing a mosquito will destabilize the environment or someshit (like InsatiableCuriosity for example).
well i know you weren't just talking to me...but i had a comment about what you said. :/

wolfy

awsm

You never know when you might hit that tipping point.

atomant3.jpg

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
well i know you weren't just talking to me...but i had a comment about what you said. :/
Yeah I get what that's like. Like, you know that a comment wasn't directed at you, but you kinda feel like it was and you answer anyway; right? :yes: