• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What foods are rich in iron?

Synapse

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Hmm...I like cheerios!

I actually didn't at first think it was an iron deficiency. At first I thought CFS, but pretty much everyone in my life that has seen me eat (including my dietitian mother) and has said that *symptom* is probably caused by *shitty eating habit*. I, for the most part, never really bought it, until recently when I just crashed. I slept for 8 hours one night, got up, left the house for some breakfast, came back home, and slept all day. Got up around 8 PM, then went to bed a couple hours later. I'm still incredibly fatigued, and I've tried everything to fight it (exercise, B vitamins, regular sleep pattern etc.), except eat more iron.

Usually I'm just tired all the time, but I fight it off by just telling myself it's nothing or drinking 5 hour energies. There are more reasons, but they're mostly woman reasons that could be the cause, and I've done everything for that too (I'm actually going in to see my OBGYN to up the dosage on my pill). That might not be anything, per say, but it could compliment the problems that I'm already having making them more severe.

I don't know what else it could be. :frown:

Actually that sounds a lot like me, try increasing iodine in your diet too, would suggest kelp too, the vitamin D is a good idea. a bit of magnesium wouldn't go astray. I'm still trying to find the right balance.

Redbone

Orisha
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
The herb yellow dock. See if you can find the tincture.

Fecal McAngry

Don't say red meat...because I don't eat red meat. It makes me sick.
I believe I've been having trouble with iron deficiencies again. I went for a run and it no matter how much I breathed, I still felt like I couldn't breathe (not asthma).

Are there any foods other than red meat that are cheap to buy, easy to make, healthy, and full of iron?

1) Blood test. Stop guessing.
2) Buy/use an uncoated iron pan and an uncoated iron pot if needed.