User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    ISTx

Default Request: Pictures of Seattle and/or surrounding areas

Please. I want to move there in the next couple of years. I enjoy day dreaming and seeing more of the place. If anyone lives there or has visited and has some cool pictures, please share.

(I realize there is plenty on google but I still would like to see what kind of photos anyone here has managed to get)

MBTI
    istp

I might post more later... this is all I'm feeling un-lazy enough to do for now.

Awesome place to live

MBTI
    INTP

I seem to only have pictures of/from the UW campus. I've a bunch of Eastern Washington if you're interested.

100_3507.jpg

100_3497.jpg

100_3474.jpg

MBTI
    ISTx

Wow. Forgot about this thread. Glad to see a couple people came to share.

Grayscale - Do you live in Seattle? That's a sweet picture. Where is that pic taken exactly?

Sandwich - You go to UW? I want to go there. Is it hard to get in? I'd be interested to see some more pictures of wherever. You could post your favorites or something if youd like.

MBTI
    INTP

UW pretends to be very prestigious, but I got in as a transfer student, which they highly discourage. What do you want to study? I'd be glad to be of help.

Aaaaand, since I have the opportunity and feel that the center of the state has much less attention than it deserves, I present these for general public enjoyment:

My hometown in December, view from orchard: 100_3525.jpg

In the foothills of the Cascades: 100_3371.jpg

Stuart Lake: 100_3353.jpg

Part of the Peshastin Pinnacles (something of a geological anomaly): 100_347.jpg

View from previously mentioned location: 100_356.jpg

only bites when provoked
    MBTI
    INTJ

Sorry, but all I have is this one shot, and it's just a camera phone picture. My battery was almost dead so I only got the one shot before the phone turned itself off.

Looking toward the shore (east) about 3 or 4 miles north of downtown on an average gloomy day in mid-July:

Request: Pictures of Seattle and/or surrounding areas-06-17-07_1613-jpg

It was an alright place. I could see living there. It was one of my target regions, but people in San Diego called me first.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I 100%, N 88%, T 88%, J 75%

Disclaimer: The above is my opinion and mine alone, it does not mean I cannot change my mind, nor does it guarantee that my comments are related to any deep-seated convictions. Take everything I say with a whole snowplow worth of salt and call me in the morning, if you can.

MBTI
    istp

Quote Originally Posted by TheBeatGoesOn View Post
    Grayscale - Do you live in Seattle? That's a sweet picture. Where is that pic taken exactly?
    indeed i do. it's the elliot bay shipyard

I don't have any good pictures on hand, but Seattle is great. I was going to move there, too, but had to put that on hold for a few years.

This avatar is from there.
    Last edited by luridlemur; 03-05-2008 at 12:27 AM.
    Christ, what an imagination I've got!

MBTI
    ISTx

Quote Originally Posted by sandwich View Post
    UW pretends to be very prestigious, but I got in as a transfer student, which they highly discourage. What do you want to study? I'd be glad to be of help.

Aaaaand, since I have the opportunity and feel that the center of the state has much less attention than it deserves, I present these for general public enjoyment:

My hometown in December, view from orchard: 100_3525.jpg

In the foothills of the Cascades: 100_3371.jpg

Stuart Lake: 100_3353.jpg

Part of the Peshastin Pinnacles (something of a geological anomaly): 100_347.jpg

View from previously mentioned location: 100_356.jpg
    Sweet pictures. I dig.

I'm wanting to study Sociology eventually but I need to work on an AA in general studies first.

How do you feel about Seattle as a place for a 20-something year-old to live? There some cool stuff/nice people? How do you like the weather? I hear it's not as bad as its made out to be. I've heard from a few people that Seattle has a bad reputation for its people being real passive agressive. Do you see this? Seems like a weird reputation for a whole city to have but it's what I've heard.

What do you think of Olympia and Tacoma (if you've been there)?

P.S. Random question for any Seattle-ite: Is there ice rinks and hockey there at all?

MBTI
    NeTi
    Enneagram
    <3
    Socionics
    wtf

Seattle is awesome. The most highly-educated city in the world (supposedly). Expensive, though.

Among students:

West coast is very friendly and laid back in general. The pacific NW is super environmental and outdoorsy, too. Lots of hippies, be prepared to see random people riding their bikes around with giant NO WAR signs, and shop at community food co-ops, you're a dirty corporate sellout if you don't.

Weather is okay. It doesn't rain quite as much as people say, but it's terribly overcast a lot. The Olympic Peninsula, which you're pretty much protected from, is where all the terrible rain is (there's a freeking temperate rain forest there!)

Spring and summer are perfect. Compared to most other places, the temperature doesn't fluctuate a lot over the year, although the past two winters have been harsher than normal.

Tacoma sucks. Olympia is cool. Bellingham is by far the best outlying-ish town. Go to Western Washington University if you don't get into UW.

I'll post some pictures once I get my camera working again.
    You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club. - Jack London