• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Request: Pictures of Seattle and/or surrounding areas

rhinosaur

Just a statistic
MBTI Type
INTP
I actually couldn't find them on my old computer, so these are just the ones I'd posted on Facebook.
These are from March 2006.

I was considering moving there, but my plans were foiled when I didn't get into the UW chemistry dept. for grad school. I almost moved there anyway, and was going to reapply to the chemical oceanography dept., but changed my mind because of the amount of risk involved.

When I was walking around the city, I would ask random people "What do you like about Seattle?" Interestingly, many of my responses were "the climate" or "the weather." One lady explained to me that on the surface there wasn't much cultural diversity for a city of its size, but if you looked deeper you would find a lot of sub-cultures and interesting things.

The bus system was pretty good. I didn't rent a car during my visit, and went all over the city. I regret this decision now, because I would have liked to see some of the wilderness east and west of the city.

n18203900_31276352_7093.jpg

n18203900_31276353_7395.jpg

n18203900_31276354_7718.jpg

n18203900_31276355_8073.jpg

n18203900_31276356_8401.jpg

n18203900_31276357_8691.jpg

n18203900_31276358_8988.jpg

n18203900_31276359_9289.jpg

n18203900_31276360_9576.jpg

sandwich

MBTI Type
INTP
Nice pics, rhinosaur. Though it's kind of odd to see pictures of my school on an international forum. Woah.

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
Thanks for the contributions thus far. batumi, do you have pictures of your area? How do you like Olympia? How about compared to Seattle?

Sture

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Hah
I'm sorry about bringing up an old thread, but this is just such an exiting one for me and I just happened to discover it.

My mysterious love for seattle, washington state, and the pacific northwest began a couple of years ago and has since just grown stronger. After reading about it I have understood that my intuitive attraction to the city and region wasn’t misleading me.

I currently live in sweden, where I'm from, but despite thinking (for perfectly rational reasons) that Sweden is the best country to live in, moving abroad feels inevitable.

Staying where I'm most comfortable just doesn't reconcile with my ambitions and callings in life. Though there are many places in the world that I want to explore and even live briefly, Seattle/Washington/the Pacific Northwest has for some time now been the place I really imagine settling down in.

It has the perfect combination of that hard-to-put-into-words feeling/atmosphere that clicks with your inner being, combined with room for my ambitions.

I might have an opportunity to visit this summer/fall as my family is planning visiting some refound friends in British Columbia. I would love to hear more from you people, so please make a post if you're still here!

Willfrey

MBTI Type
IsTP
It has the perfect combination of that hard-to-put-into-words feeling/atmosphere that clicks with your inner being, combined with room for my ambitions.

I might have an opportunity to visit this summer/fall as my family is planning visiting some refound friends in British Columbia. I would love to hear more from you people, so please make a post if you're still here!

I'll attest that as far as quality of life in the U.S., the Pacific Northwest is where it is at. There are a lot of grumblings about the rains, but for a pale-skinned fellow such as myself I hardly mind.

Seattle and Portland are among my two favorite cities, I was born and raised further inland in the Northern section of Idaho, though I have family in the Seattle area and frequently visit there frequently, as well as taking trips to the islands in the Sound. If you are interested in moving to the a large city in the states I would reccomend Seattle, or Portland (like Seattle but more.. uh.. progressive, lots of hippies). If you don't mind a bit more heat and not living by the coast my current residence of Boise is excellent also.

I have some pics somewhere from my vacations to Seattle and Decatur Island, I'll see if I can upload them in a bit.

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
^I've been visiting the Pittsburgh, PA forum on there lately. ;)

Also, that rainy album cover I posted in here... That's Toronto. It's got that similar looking space needle/tower thing. :doh:

Sture

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Hah
Seattle is awesome. The most highly-educated city in the world (supposedly). Expensive, though.

Among students:

West coast is very friendly and laid back in general. The pacific NW is super environmental and outdoorsy, too. Lots of hippies, be prepared to see random people riding their bikes around with giant NO WAR signs, and shop at community food co-ops, you're a dirty corporate sellout if you don't.

Sounds just great.
Studying in seattle would be fantastic, that's probably the best way of getting a permision to live there for awhile too. But not even being from the US, getting in probably won't be too easy...

Bah.. I'm from scandinavia, that's nothing to me. Introverted, philosophical, enjoying spending time alone; sounds like home to me. Very interesting video though. Thanks.

I'll attest that as far as quality of life in the U.S., the Pacific Northwest is where it is at. There are a lot of grumblings about the rains, but for a pale-skinned fellow such as myself I hardly mind.

Seattle and Portland are among my two favorite cities, I was born and raised further inland in the Northern section of Idaho, though I have family in the Seattle area and frequently visit there frequently, as well as taking trips to the islands in the Sound. If you are interested in moving to the a large city in the states I would reccomend Seattle, or Portland (like Seattle but more.. uh.. progressive, lots of hippies). If you don't mind a bit more heat and not living by the coast my current residence of Boise is excellent also.

I have some pics somewhere from my vacations to Seattle and Decatur Island, I'll see if I can upload them in a bit.

Hah, the weather thing was one of the thing that first captured my interest. It nicely eliminates that worthless ES sunshine-culture you have to put up with further south.

Yea, Portland, I have understood, is a great place too. Don't know much about Boise though... but who knows, maybe that's where I'll end up.

Anyways, thanks a lot for the help and I'm looking forward to those pics, the ones posted so far have been great!

Willfrey

MBTI Type
IsTP
Yea, Portland, I have understood, is a great place too. Don't know much about Boise though... but who knows, maybe that's where I'll end up.

Boise is pretty unique, much smaller than Seattle or Portland, has about 200k people in Boise and 600k in the entire metro area. Very easy going, very very low crime rate considering the size. Arid climate, sits in the foothills between a desert and mountain range. Really neat place, we have a ski resort forty minutes away, hot springs all over the place (some eastern parts of the city have free geothermal heating), several reservoirs if you like watersports, you can float the river that runs directly through the city. Housing is cheap (I paid $500/month for a two bedroom apartment in a triplex w/shed & carport).

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Seattle is actually one of my dream locations. I hope I end up living there eventually. Only place in the US I'd really like to visit too.

Willfrey

MBTI Type
IsTP
waterfront3cv6.jpg

waterfront2oz7.jpg

marinayp8.jpg

These were taken around the waterfront, I have lots of more pictures but for the life of me I can't remember where I stored them. I'll see if I can't snag them from my parents.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
love all the pics! i've wanted to move there before too! it's so pretty...love the whole pacific northwest area. :D
----------------
Now playing: The Kooks - Ooh La
via FoxyTunes

Desperado44

MBTI Type
ENFJ
I live in Portland and visit Seattle a lot. It is a nice city.....but if you want a fantastic city....go 5 hours north to Vancouver, B.C.

One the best places you will ever visit.

Anywhere you go in the Pac NW you're going to have a ton of rain. I'm over it....and look forward to moving south....

chris1207

MBTI Type
XNXX
Enneagram
3w2
Hey! I live here. I would've replied earlier but I got distracted by youtube videos with people that have tourettes... and then babies saying cuss words! :)

Seattle's freaking sweet. I can't say that I like the absence of a beach culture or the sometimes frigid weather but overall, there's so much to see and do. You all really must at least visit. Every block seems to have something interesting to look at, whether it's a unique building design or some kind of community art project, plus the various sub-areas are so different from one another and have very definitive borders.

I went to UW for two years after community college and loved every minute of it. Every spring, an area they call the quad has cherry blossom trees that... well... blossom. It's really beautiful! Plus there are so many great and unique restaurants on University Way (or as the kids like to call it, "The Ave") There's this one place called Jimmy Johns that has the best subs I've ever eaten. It's not like going to Subway. Everything in the sandwich just tastes right. It'll blow your socks off.

Also, there's a place called New China Express and while Chinese food is quite ubiquitous they make the most authentic food of that sort. I often order the orange chicken which is quite superb though I feel like LFO afterwards.

I don't have much in the way of pictures but there's a career fair over at UW coming up and I'll totally bring my digital camera along and snap about a 1000 of them if you want.

Man, there's so much more that I want to say but I tired! Oh and Sture, I've heard that weather wise, the Puget sound is pretty much the US' version of the Baltic Sea in terms of being overcast and rainy all the time. Maybe I got some bunk info but that's what I hear. Later :D