User Tag List

First 2345 Last

MBTI
    IsTP

Quote Originally Posted by Sture View Post
    It has the perfect combination of that hard-to-put-into-words feeling/atmosphere that clicks with your inner being, combined with room for my ambitions.

I might have an opportunity to visit this summer/fall as my family is planning visiting some refound friends in British Columbia. I would love to hear more from you people, so please make a post if you're still here!
    I'll attest that as far as quality of life in the U.S., the Pacific Northwest is where it is at. There are a lot of grumblings about the rains, but for a pale-skinned fellow such as myself I hardly mind.

Seattle and Portland are among my two favorite cities, I was born and raised further inland in the Northern section of Idaho, though I have family in the Seattle area and frequently visit there frequently, as well as taking trips to the islands in the Sound. If you are interested in moving to the a large city in the states I would reccomend Seattle, or Portland (like Seattle but more.. uh.. progressive, lots of hippies). If you don't mind a bit more heat and not living by the coast my current residence of Boise is excellent also.

I have some pics somewhere from my vacations to Seattle and Decatur Island, I'll see if I can upload them in a bit.
    ...Then I ducked my head and the lights went out, and two guns blazed in the dark;
    And a woman screamed, and the lights went up, and two men lay stiff and stark...

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

in case you're not aware...check out this site and go to the forum
    www.citydata.com
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    ISTx

^I've been visiting the Pittsburgh, PA forum on there lately.

Also, that rainy album cover I posted in here... That's Toronto. It's got that similar looking space needle/tower thing.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    Hah

Quote Originally Posted by nemo View Post
    Seattle is awesome. The most highly-educated city in the world (supposedly). Expensive, though.

Among students:

West coast is very friendly and laid back in general. The pacific NW is super environmental and outdoorsy, too. Lots of hippies, be prepared to see random people riding their bikes around with giant NO WAR signs, and shop at community food co-ops, you're a dirty corporate sellout if you don't.
    Sounds just great.
    Studying in seattle would be fantastic, that's probably the best way of getting a permision to live there for awhile too. But not even being from the US, getting in probably won't be too easy...

Quote Originally Posted by sandwich View Post
    Bah.. I'm from scandinavia, that's nothing to me. Introverted, philosophical, enjoying spending time alone; sounds like home to me. Very interesting video though. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Willfrey View Post
    I'll attest that as far as quality of life in the U.S., the Pacific Northwest is where it is at. There are a lot of grumblings about the rains, but for a pale-skinned fellow such as myself I hardly mind.

Seattle and Portland are among my two favorite cities, I was born and raised further inland in the Northern section of Idaho, though I have family in the Seattle area and frequently visit there frequently, as well as taking trips to the islands in the Sound. If you are interested in moving to the a large city in the states I would reccomend Seattle, or Portland (like Seattle but more.. uh.. progressive, lots of hippies). If you don't mind a bit more heat and not living by the coast my current residence of Boise is excellent also.

I have some pics somewhere from my vacations to Seattle and Decatur Island, I'll see if I can upload them in a bit.
    Hah, the weather thing was one of the thing that first captured my interest. It nicely eliminates that worthless ES sunshine-culture you have to put up with further south.

Yea, Portland, I have understood, is a great place too. Don't know much about Boise though... but who knows, maybe that's where I'll end up.

Anyways, thanks a lot for the help and I'm looking forward to those pics, the ones posted so far have been great!

MBTI
    IsTP

Quote Originally Posted by Sture View Post
    Yea, Portland, I have understood, is a great place too. Don't know much about Boise though... but who knows, maybe that's where I'll end up.
    Boise is pretty unique, much smaller than Seattle or Portland, has about 200k people in Boise and 600k in the entire metro area. Very easy going, very very low crime rate considering the size. Arid climate, sits in the foothills between a desert and mountain range. Really neat place, we have a ski resort forty minutes away, hot springs all over the place (some eastern parts of the city have free geothermal heating), several reservoirs if you like watersports, you can float the river that runs directly through the city. Housing is cheap (I paid $500/month for a two bedroom apartment in a triplex w/shed & carport).
    ...Then I ducked my head and the lights went out, and two guns blazed in the dark;
    And a woman screamed, and the lights went up, and two men lay stiff and stark...

MBTI
    ISFJ

Seattle is actually one of my dream locations. I hope I end up living there eventually. Only place in the US I'd really like to visit too.

MBTI
    IsTP

These were taken around the waterfront, I have lots of more pictures but for the life of me I can't remember where I stored them. I'll see if I can't snag them from my parents.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

love all the pics! i've wanted to move there before too! it's so pretty...love the whole pacific northwest area.
    ----------------
    Now playing: The Kooks - Ooh La
    via FoxyTunes
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    ENFJ

I live in Portland and visit Seattle a lot. It is a nice city.....but if you want a fantastic city....go 5 hours north to Vancouver, B.C.

One the best places you will ever visit.

Anywhere you go in the Pac NW you're going to have a ton of rain. I'm over it....and look forward to moving south....
    I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel. --- Maya Angelou

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2

Hey! I live here. I would've replied earlier but I got distracted by youtube videos with people that have tourettes... and then babies saying cuss words!

Seattle's freaking sweet. I can't say that I like the absence of a beach culture or the sometimes frigid weather but overall, there's so much to see and do. You all really must at least visit. Every block seems to have something interesting to look at, whether it's a unique building design or some kind of community art project, plus the various sub-areas are so different from one another and have very definitive borders.

I went to UW for two years after community college and loved every minute of it. Every spring, an area they call the quad has cherry blossom trees that... well... blossom. It's really beautiful! Plus there are so many great and unique restaurants on University Way (or as the kids like to call it, "The Ave") There's this one place called Jimmy Johns that has the best subs I've ever eaten. It's not like going to Subway. Everything in the sandwich just tastes right. It'll blow your socks off.

Also, there's a place called New China Express and while Chinese food is quite ubiquitous they make the most authentic food of that sort. I often order the orange chicken which is quite superb though I feel like LFO afterwards.

I don't have much in the way of pictures but there's a career fair over at UW coming up and I'll totally bring my digital camera along and snap about a 1000 of them if you want.

Man, there's so much more that I want to say but I tired! Oh and Sture, I've heard that weather wise, the Puget sound is pretty much the US' version of the Baltic Sea in terms of being overcast and rainy all the time. Maybe I got some bunk info but that's what I hear. Later
    "... you think deeply about stuff [that] nobody cares about and hardly anybody can understand you." ~ Peguy talking about Ni users. So true.