First 123

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    yeah but we already have a grill and a flower bed in which the dog uses as his bathroom, especially in the winter when its too cold for him to go on walks, that's the down side of owing a chiuaua mix. they're not allowed outside when it's below 35f.
    Yeah, adding a chicken to that might be too much of a good thing. I don't think I'd try it myself. I wouldn't even have dogs if I didn't have a fenced area I could let them do their business in.

In other news, I have a tentative go ahead from the manly one to have chickens next year. He thinks I'll hate it and wind up giving them away PDQ, but he humors me.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

you get to have chickens!!!

the quiet clucking that chickens do when eating and such is actually a really peaceful sound

and we once had a hen who lived until she was at least 12 years old
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

I saw golden comet pullets at Rural King today! I almost got some, but then I remembered how much I like being married, so I decided to wait. The guy at the store said he thought they'd have them for about a month and even after that I could order them. They want you to buy at least five, so I will just get five, raise them until they are big enough to move outside, then put the extra two on craigslist.

I am starting to buy materials for the coop and run and I think I have a good plan for keeping the chicks safe from the pet carnivores until they go outside.

In the meantime, it would be best if I stay out of Rural King. I might not be able to resist temptation next time because OMG! they are so cute!!!
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

*squeaks* oooh! chicks are adorable

they're tiny little balls of fluff with pathetic baby wings and tiny little beaks

and those are good chickens too... my parents have bought chickens from rural king on quite a few occasions
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett