• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What's the Ultimate Sandwich?

IZthe411

Carerra Lu
MBTI Type
INTJ
philly_cheese_steak_sandwhich.jpg

Philly cheese steak... :drool:

Sorry man, that's not a philly cheese steak.

/snob

IZthe411

Carerra Lu
MBTI Type
INTJ
That might very well be a delicious sandwich, but (purely in the interest of education, not rancor) it isn't a true Philly cheesesteak. The real Philly original has:

1. A soft hoagie roll, not a French roll
2. Cheez Wiz (most traditional), provolone or American cheese
3. Fried onions and mayyyybe hot or sweet peppers as the only acceptable toppings (no mushrooms, tomato, lettuce, etc.)

It looks very much like this:

29_cheesesteak_lg.jpg

Oh, and it's delicious :)

YESSS

:drool:

And avoid the tourist traps (Pat's and Genos). My favorite spot is Tony Lukes. You can some bomb sandwiches at local neighborhood shops.

IZthe411

Carerra Lu
MBTI Type
INTJ
My favorite breakfast sammich:

2 eggs
2 bacon strips
cheddar cheese
a hash brown patty
bread of choice.

Here at work I just request it as 'the sandwich'. Ms Peggy the grill cook knows what it is. It's great! :drool:

Kingfisher

full of love
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
And avoid the tourist traps (Pat's and Genos). My favorite spot is Tony Lukes. You can some bomb sandwiches at local neighborhood shops.

Tony Lukes is good. i ate at John's Roast Pork more than Tony Lukes, though.

we had lots of awesome cheesesteaks in Fishtown. Central Pizza is pretty classic, they make a great cheesesteak. i like Grilladelphia's cheesesteak a lot too.

O

Oberon

Attn: Most people who posted sandwich photos in this thread

Most of these made me nauseous. Just thought I'd let you know. You guys eat like wild boars.

Well, here... just for you, a cucumber-watercress sandwich with the crust cut off.

292625323_566340d31e.jpg

Inducing of nausea? Probably not.

Ultimate sandwich? HELL NO! :hi:

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Well, here... just for you, a cucumber-watercress sandwich with the crust cut off.

292625323_566340d31e.jpg

Inducing of nausea? Probably not.

Ultimate sandwich? HELL NO! :hi:

Dude, that sandwich is so feminine, just looking at it gave me a hot flash. :laugh:

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
The mere act of posting it caused me to begin developing breasts!

Bwaahhh!!! Cucumber-watercress induced gynecomastia! :rofl1:

Run to the doctor, Oby! Quickly! :run:

O

Oberon

Bwaahhh!!! Cucumber-watercress induced gynecomastia! :rofl1:

Run to the doctor, Oby! Quickly! :run:

It's all right... I found the antidote:

7635.jpg

Rare roast beef and melted provolone, assembled as shown, cures feminine sandwich-induced boob growth. I got a pickle and chips with it just to be certain.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I like cucumbers and cream cheese on my roast beef sandwiches... along with some hot peppers as well :drool:

and the bun MUST be toasted :yes:

O

Oberon

Toasting the bread in whatever form the bread takes is rarely a mistake... it adds flavor and texture. I especially like it when they just lay the bun cut-side-down on the grill in some butter and toast/grill/fry it all at the same time.

IZthe411

Carerra Lu
MBTI Type
INTJ
It's all right... I found the antidote:

7635.jpg

Rare roast beef and melted provolone, assembled as shown, cures feminine sandwich-induced boob growth. I got a pickle and chips with it just to be certain.

That's a beautiful thing right there!

IZthe411

Carerra Lu
MBTI Type
INTJ
Toasting the bread in whatever form the bread takes is rarely a mistake... it adds flavor and texture. I especially like it when they just lay the bun cut-side-down on the grill in some butter and toast/grill/fry it all at the same time.

Amen......somehow it takes in the essence of whatever cooking beside it. This is a great topic

IZthe411

Carerra Lu
MBTI Type
INTJ
Tony Lukes is good. i ate at John's Roast Pork more than Tony Lukes, though.

we had lots of awesome cheesesteaks in Fishtown. Central Pizza is pretty classic, they make a great cheesesteak. i like Grilladelphia's cheesesteak a lot too.

Never been to John's Roast Pork- but reading the reviews, I'm definitely going to check it out.

There are a lot of good cheesesteak spots in the city, that don't have the exposure that Pat's and Gino's have. I think people are scared to venture out as well- to get to some of these spots you might have to travel through some shady spots of Philly.

MBTI Type
INTJ
Never been to John's Roast Pork- but reading the reviews, I'm definitely going to check it out.

There are a lot of good cheesesteak spots in the city, that don't have the exposure that Pat's and Gino's have. I think people are scared to venture out as well- to get to some of these spots you might have to travel through some shady spots of Philly.

It's true, I hate thinking that people from out of town go to Pat's or Geno's and think that what they get there is the pinnacle of the form. I'd second Tony Luke's and especially John's Roast Pork (get a roast pork, too!) I also really like a place in South Jersey called Big John's on Rt. 70.

Kingfisher

full of love
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
yeah, FMW and IZ411, you guys have it covered! right on!

It's true, I hate thinking that people from out of town go to Pat's or Geno's and think that what they get there is the pinnacle of the form. I'd second Tony Luke's and especially John's Roast Pork (get a roast pork, too!) I also really like a place in South Jersey called Big John's on Rt. 70.

yeah, sometimes i get bummed when i see somebody that thinks they have 'reached the pinnacle' like you say.
but then sometimes i like that we have certain shit to ourselves, that we have these things we've slowly ingrained ourselves too over years, that we've entrenched ourselves in... :nice:

gorgeous! that is a sexy goddamn sandwich!

F

figsfiggyfigs

...Hmmmm I've been very anti-meat lately( more than usual)... which is weird... I mean these sandwiches make me drool because I crave them , yet simultaneously making me wanna gaga!!!

wtf! ><