• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What's the Ultimate Sandwich?

sLiPpY

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Spinich Dip and Keibasa or Bratwurst on Panini :woot:

MBTI Type
INTJ
Shaved roast beef, provolone, pepperoncini and lettuce on a soft slightly toasted roll with garlic aioli. Mmm.

Also a fan of the classic roast pork sandwich. Juicy sliced roast pork and provolone with both hot and sweet peppers on a roll.

Lark

This is so weird, I've been thinking about this since it came up on the third disc of the Chuck session 1 DVD which I've been watching, I remember the significance of Rubins, which I found out where sandwiches, in House which I watched a while back too. I thought, what would the ultimate sandwich be? And there's a thread awesome!

Cimarron

IRL is not real
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Reuben is still king. This one holds a special place in my tongue's heart = Pastrami, sauerkraut, and Thousand Island dressing on rye bread.

Something I made called the Hot Tuna = Tuna with a little mayonnaise, pepper jack cheese, banana peppers and/or jalapenos and/or onions on wheat. It may not be impressive, but it's my original, so I like it. :blush:

Other mentions:

When I see "_____ ______ Chipotle _____ ," I'm tempted to buy.

Chicken salad sandwich is another favorite of mine = Chunks of chicken meat, mayonnaise, hard-boiled eggs.

I invented a Slaw Sandwich one time, slopping cole slaw on some bread. So I figure I could use cole slaw to top a burger now.

Turkey Club anything = Turkey, bacon, and tomato are a great-tasting combo.

"____ _____ Mushroom and Swiss" always gets my attention...since we're choosing meat, I'll throw turkey on there.

And please, let's use the spicy mustard if we need mustard! :yes:

Last edited:
O

Oberon

I actually prefer a cold meatloaf sandwich with lots of condiments to a hot piece of meatloaf.

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
24419390_fbdfdd05c5.jpg

Pastrami on Rye.

Kingfisher

full of love
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Pastrami on Rye.

yeah, really spicy pastrami is one of my favorites!

i like any sandwich as long as it is like 90% meat. :D
reubens really appeal to the german in me, haha.

but pork brisket is def one of my all time favorites. pulled pork, slow cooked for at least 7 hours, with tons of bbq sauce. no toppings required!

pulled-pork-sandwich-1.jpg

Othon

MBTI Type
INTP
Lettuce, tomato, avocado, mayo, chipotle sauce, and lots of cheese on a warm, soft, buttery baguette.
I like me a fat sandwich!

MBTI Type
INTJ
That might very well be a delicious sandwich, but (purely in the interest of education, not rancor) it isn't a true Philly cheesesteak. The real Philly original has:

1. A soft hoagie roll, not a French roll
2. Cheez Wiz (most traditional), provolone or American cheese
3. Fried onions and mayyyybe hot or sweet peppers as the only acceptable toppings (no mushrooms, tomato, lettuce, etc.)

It looks very much like this:

29_cheesesteak_lg.jpg

Oh, and it's delicious :)

Beorn

Permabanned
Speaking of PA... I'll be visiting Pittsburgh this summer and I'm hoping to have my first primanti brothers sandwich.

h-wd0409-primanti-brothers.jpg

Yes those are fries.

demimondaine

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
forgive me if this has been posted.. but:

13 kinds of cheese, 3 slices of bread.. 5 lbs of food!

MeltChallengeart%20copy.jpg

Melt Bar & Grilled - Melt Challenge

but in all seriousness, i love a good (small) grilled cheese. vegetarian banh mi is wonderful as well, as is almost anything put in a panini press!

JustHer

Pumpernickel
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Attn: Most people who posted sandwich photos in this thread

Most of these made me nauseous. Just thought I'd let you know. You guys eat like wild boars.