User Tag List

First 678910 Last

Oberon

Quote Originally Posted by Halla74 View Post
    Bwaahhh!!! Cucumber-watercress induced gynecomastia!

Run to the doctor, Oby! Quickly!
    It's all right... I found the antidote:

Rare roast beef and melted provolone, assembled as shown, cures feminine sandwich-induced boob growth. I got a pickle and chips with it just to be certain.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

I like cucumbers and cream cheese on my roast beef sandwiches... along with some hot peppers as well

and the bun MUST be toasted
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

Oberon

Toasting the bread in whatever form the bread takes is rarely a mistake... it adds flavor and texture. I especially like it when they just lay the bun cut-side-down on the grill in some butter and toast/grill/fry it all at the same time.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by oberon View Post
    It's all right... I found the antidote:

Rare roast beef and melted provolone, assembled as shown, cures feminine sandwich-induced boob growth. I got a pickle and chips with it just to be certain.
    That's a beautiful thing right there!

MBTI
    INTJ

Toasting the bread in whatever form the bread takes is rarely a mistake... it adds flavor and texture. I especially like it when they just lay the bun cut-side-down on the grill in some butter and toast/grill/fry it all at the same time.
    Amen......somehow it takes in the essence of whatever cooking beside it. This is a great topic

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Kingfisher View Post
    Tony Lukes is good. i ate at John's Roast Pork more than Tony Lukes, though.

we had lots of awesome cheesesteaks in Fishtown. Central Pizza is pretty classic, they make a great cheesesteak. i like Grilladelphia's cheesesteak a lot too.
    Never been to John's Roast Pork- but reading the reviews, I'm definitely going to check it out.

There are a lot of good cheesesteak spots in the city, that don't have the exposure that Pat's and Gino's have. I think people are scared to venture out as well- to get to some of these spots you might have to travel through some shady spots of Philly.

Quote Originally Posted by IZthe411 View Post
    Never been to John's Roast Pork- but reading the reviews, I'm definitely going to check it out.

There are a lot of good cheesesteak spots in the city, that don't have the exposure that Pat's and Gino's have. I think people are scared to venture out as well- to get to some of these spots you might have to travel through some shady spots of Philly.
    It's true, I hate thinking that people from out of town go to Pat's or Geno's and think that what they get there is the pinnacle of the form. I'd second Tony Luke's and especially John's Roast Pork (get a roast pork, too!) I also really like a place in South Jersey called Big John's on Rt. 70.
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Johari
    /Nohari

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8

yeah, FMW and IZ411, you guys have it covered! right on!

Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post
    It's true, I hate thinking that people from out of town go to Pat's or Geno's and think that what they get there is the pinnacle of the form. I'd second Tony Luke's and especially John's Roast Pork (get a roast pork, too!) I also really like a place in South Jersey called Big John's on Rt. 70.
    yeah, sometimes i get bummed when i see somebody that thinks they have 'reached the pinnacle' like you say.
    but then sometimes i like that we have certain shit to ourselves, that we have these things we've slowly ingrained ourselves too over years, that we've entrenched ourselves in...

gorgeous! that is a sexy goddamn sandwich!

Oberon

Of course, your basic cold-cut sub has its place...

figsfiggyfigs

...Hmmmm I've been very anti-meat lately( more than usual)... which is weird... I mean these sandwiches make me drool because I crave them , yet simultaneously making me wanna gaga!!!

wtf! ><