User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    ISFx
    Enneagram
    4w5

I enjoyed this book called Wild Fermentation which gives other receips. However I haven't found the time to try any of it.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by countrygirl View Post
    I enjoyed this book called Wild Fermentation which gives other receips. However I haven't found the time to try any of it.
    yeah, that's the bitch, time and space is what you need to really get these things going.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

Quote Originally Posted by Salt n' pepper View Post
    Although I'm being told here Top 5 Worst Foods You Can Eat That People Think Are Healthy, it's bad for ya.
    That article was insanely stupid.

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    Yeah really. If it was true, I'd be dead already, as my diet is 60% coffee and spicy foods.

This will probably get my german heritage card revoked, but I don't really like saurkraut. Or pickles, and such things.

Oberon

Amen, brother clown.

Insanely.

Stupid.

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

I thought so too! I mean there was a small element of truth (i.e., mercury is bad...shocker, I know) but then they say fish is bad for you because it goes bad quickly??

Then I scrolled to the bottom and saw it was written by a "young entrepreneur" (uh oh) whose entrepreneurism takes the form of writing e-books (not even real books!) promoting raw foodism. Not exactly the most credible source for such...surprising conclusions, regardless of what you think of the "raw food" trend.
    -end of thread-

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

oh my... I read the article and concluded that the writer knows absolutley nothing about biology OR nutrition!

it's like my sister's ex roommate who claimed that food "sticks to the digestive tract" and can cause us to die
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by countrygirl View Post
    The first video I linked is the author of Wild Fermentation showing how to make stuff with cabbage and carrots. Read the hilarious Amazon customer reviews of his book, apparently he talks about his lifestyle at some gay commune or something and it makes people angry. I haven't read it yet though.

I opened up the last batch a few minutes ago with the peppers, onions, carrots and cucumbers. It's pretty good, there was a little slime at the top, though it may be from the cucumbers and not mold. I think next time just a few slices of pepper would be enough.

MBTI
    ISFx
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Alwar View Post
    The first video I linked is the author of Wild Fermentation showing how to make stuff with cabbage and carrots. Read the hilarious Amazon customer reviews of his book, apparently he talks about his lifestyle at some gay commune or something and it makes people angry. I haven't read it yet though.

I opened up the last batch a few minutes ago with the peppers, onions, carrots and cucumbers. It's pretty good, there was a little slime at the top, though it may be from the cucumbers and not mold. I think next time just a few slices of pepper would be enough.
    I see. I have dail up so I don't click on videos or you tube. He does mention that he has AIDS and he credits lato-fermation for his healthy gut dispite all the medication he is on. I would recommend the book as a resource since there are references to further reading if a subject interest you.

People are angry about his gay lifestyle? *shrugs shoulders* I suppose if you don't like gay people....

You may also like this book Nourishing Traditions~The Cookbook that Challenges Politically Correct Nutrition and the Diet Dictocrats by Sallon Fallon.

MBTI
    INTP

Yes, the reviewers of his book whine about him being gay. I don't care though. It's on my to read list.

I do have Sally Fallon's book!