• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The extreme winters

sLiPpY

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
:shock: yeh, the assessment seems a ton more rational vs. some of the other theories out there.

Dammit! I want my Global Warming back!

I want ocean front property, by the time I retire without having to move! :steam:

Tantive

MBTI Type
INFP
Don't count global warming out. At least its still melting the arctic, dumping all the fresh water into ocean....slowly the windcurrents should be changing.

Seymour

Vaguely Precise
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
What effect will this volcano have on the world weather?

From Icelandic Volcanoes–Disrupting Weather & History Since 1783 | 80beats | Discover Magazine

Experts observing this week’s volcanic eruption at Eyjafjallajökull (pronounced AY-ya-fyat-la-yo-kult) say that while the scale of crisis may not be the same, continued eruptions at the spot could cool temperatures in Northern Europe. Richard Wunderman, a volcanologist with the Smithsonian Institution’s Global Volcanism Program said the volcanic plume contains a lot of sulfur “that can become an aerosol up there that hangs around a long time reflecting sunlight” [The New York Times], creating a regional “volcano weather” effect.

But a bigger concern lurks nearby. Just a few kilometers to the east of the erupting vent is a much bigger and potentially more dangerous volcano called Katla. In the past, when Eyjafjallajökull erupted, Katla did too. So scientists are closely monitoring Katla to see if it, too, might go

Feops

MBTI Type
INTx
We just finished up a short and "warm" winter in central Canada this year.

I'd like a few more decades of that please. :D

MafiaAngel180

MBTI Type
ENFP
According to my env. sci. professor, I believe we've had seven of the highest recorded temps in the past decade.

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
We just finished up a short and "warm" winter in central Canada this year.

I'd like a few more decades of that please. :D
In my area (southern-ish ontario) we did, too. It was absolutely fantastic. About a month ahead of normal temperatures for Jan-Mar (now I think it's closer to normal), and no big snowfalls since Dec.

Can't say if there are negative effects on plants, etc though. I heard the maple syrup season was awful.