User Tag List

First 56789 Last

Results 61 to 70 of 89

  1. #61
    Once Was Synarch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    8,470

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kevrawlings View Post
    They absorb nutrients completely differently, smart guy.
    How does that mechanism work?

    I would hate for you to suffer by getting annoyed with me. Relax, friend.
    "Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave."

  2. #62
    Senior Member kevrawlings's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Posts
    137

    Default

    Weirded out by the hard-on comment, but thanks.

  3. #63
    Once Was Synarch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    8,470

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chooi View Post
    Yeah, I was under the impression that "beans and rice" type meals (almost the only thing I eat at mexican places) are pretty much the most "complete" food. Is that not true? Although, I don't skimp on the sour cream and cheese, so def not vegan.
    Beans should possess a good amount of protein. I'm unsure how much you would need to eat to result in positive health.
    "Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave."

  4. #64
    Once Was Synarch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    8,470

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kevrawlings View Post
    Weirded out by the hard-on comment, but thanks.
    You introduced the concept of erect penises. I was merely attempting to reciprocate in a fashion you might find compelling.
    "Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave."

  5. #65
    half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp
    Posts
    6,387

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kevrawlings View Post
    Look man, I'm not a lawyer, and I pride myself on that. I'm not some pedantic Socratic rhetorician who gets a hard-on off of trying to sound formally educated.
    what does answering specific questions about nutrition and diet have to do with being a lawyer?

    I'm just trying to keep people reading this from making the same mistakes that I've made. The problem isn't meat in the Western diet - it's that everybody eats way, way, WAY too much. I presently have 8 percent body fat, and am 210 lbs. at 6'6''. I know a great deal about nutrition. I'm just putting the truth out there.
    For all the talk of vegans being unhealthy, Synarch made an excellent point: most vegans take more time to plan their meals and eat a balanced diet than most omnis. I brought this up earlier. So many people tell me that I am unhealthy while they are sipping their blue drinks. Meanwhile, I'm in marathon training...

    Also, my argument is clearly determinative. Plant protein is not used nearly as efficiently, and I cited evidence of the claim. Come to think of it, I don't care if people reading this take my advice or not. I am in exceptionally great physical shape because of my research and knowledge. The proof is in the puddin'. I can live with going out in public and seeing sickly, unhealthy people wandering around with their own wrong-headed opinions about what is or isn't healthy.
    Not one person on this earth does their body 100% justice. You may eat the best of everything, but still drink alcohol. You may do a million crunches per week and still not get enough of that much needed rest and rejuvenation. I wish people would lay off the vegans and focus on their own areas of life that they can improve.

  6. #66
    Senior Member kevrawlings's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Posts
    137

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Synarch View Post
    How does that mechanism work?

    I would hate for you to suffer by getting annoyed with me. Relax, friend.
    The evidence I cited from Wiki pertained to humans. As for other animals, they're herbivores. Over time, through a plant based diet, their digestive process adapted to it. Again, common knowledge. All of these questions you're asking me call on common knowledge. It's as enervating as if someone asked you why the letter "C" can have an "S" sound - everybody knows.

  7. #67
    Senior Member kevrawlings's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Posts
    137

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Synarch View Post
    You introduced the concept of erect penises. I was merely attempting to reciprocate in a fashion you might find compelling.
    Yeah, but you're the one who mentioned them at the thought of me.

  8. #68
    Once Was Synarch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    8,470

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kevrawlings View Post
    The evidence I cited from Wiki pertained to humans. As for other animals, they're herbivores. Over time, through a plant based diet, their digestive process adapted to it. Again, common knowledge. All of these questions you're asking me call on common knowledge. It's as enervating as if someone asked you why the letter "C" can have an "S" sound - everybody knows.
    Sometimes the process of argument involves tracing back fundamental assumptions to their sources. If everybody knows what you know, if it is all common knowledge, how can I disagree with you? Am I merely refusing to see the Truth? That would be a convenient way to keep your mind closed.

    I think it is reasonable to ask how an animal so closely related to homo sapiens like a chimpanzee does not suffer from eating an almost 100% vegetarian diet while from your position a human would be detrimentally harmed by not eating meat. Do you see what I mean?
    "Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave."

  9. #69
    half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp
    Posts
    6,387

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kevrawlings View Post
    Again, common knowledge. All of these questions you're asking me call on common knowledge. It's as enervating as if someone asked you why the letter "C" can have an "S" sound - everybody knows.
    Why do you assume to know what everyone knows? If you have a wealth of information and refuse to share it, that's your business - but don't make us feel stupid for asking.

  10. #70
    Senior Member kevrawlings's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Posts
    137

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post
    I wish people would lay off the vegans and focus on their own areas of life that they can improve.
    Just take care neve to seriously injure yourself and you'll be fine. Is that you in the picture or a Fraggle Rock character? Kinda unhealthy lookin' with the yellow skin and gangly limbs.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 21
    Last Post: 09-28-2016, 09:42 PM
  2. [NT] any nt's here NOT drawn to nf's for friendships and/or romance?
    By velocity in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 203
    Last Post: 04-04-2010, 04:13 AM
  3. Request: Pictures of Seattle and/or surrounding areas
    By swordpath in forum Home, Garden and Nature
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 01-16-2009, 05:35 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO