• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

tasty, healthy foods... recipes please!

O

Oberon

Seasonal fresh fruits and veggies, in season of course. It's strawberry time here in eastern North Carolina, and this weekend I have plans to take my family to the farmer's market and do a serious berry binge. :D

At midsummer it'll be tomatoes.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
:drool: I LOVE gyros... I've made a healthier alternative of chicken gyros before too and they turned out well... they are amazingly delicious :drool:

I actually don't even have to hunt for tahini... I live in ethnic grociery heaven! I'm guessing that the man would like hummus, even though I don't think he's ever eaten it before :laugh:

and I can't wait for farmer's market season... strawberries aren't ready here yet, but there's really nothing better than fresh, locally grown fruits and vegetables :wubbie:

gromit

likes this
Seasonal fresh fruits and veggies, in season of course. It's strawberry time here in eastern North Carolina, and this weekend I have plans to take my family to the farmer's market and do a serious berry binge. :D

At midsummer it'll be tomatoes.

and I can't wait for farmer's market season... strawberries aren't ready here yet, but there's really nothing better than fresh, locally grown fruits and vegetables :wubbie:

:thumbup:

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
there's a farmer's market right around the corner from my house too :devil:

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I don't like chocolate :sorry:
That is definitely a good thing. I'm often jealous of people who don't like chocolate. I don't like candy very much, though, so I guess we're even :)

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I could go forever without dessert, but the man has a full set of sweet teeth, so if I make something it will be eaten... and then I'll get accused of undermining his diet :doh:

this is why I like to have things like strawberries and bananas around- they're sweet without being unhealthy! :holy:

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
*considers baking brownies and mailing them to gromit before anyone eats them*

:cheese:

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I love desserts as well, we had sundaes last night I had mine with cookies and cream and vanilla ice cream hot fudge caramel and nuts so delicious :drool: it was my room mates birthday so we went to the diner where I spent my last $20 and now I'm totally broke. But I should be getting money on the first so its not like I'm totally fucked.