User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Survival food

A year ago I got it in my head to try and eat nothing but survival rations from a bucket.

Costco - Food For Health™ Emergency Food Kit

Well, it certainly didn't last long. A "meal" only provided about 100 calories and 50% of my sodium.

I'm stocking up on seeds. I'd be fine just eating wild foods, but having a large stock of seed is still good, even if you don't plant them. they keep for years and are high in nutritious nutrients for your nutritional needs.
    “Some people will tell you that slow is good – but I’m here to tell you that fast is better. I’ve always believed this, in spite of the trouble it’s caused me. Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba…”

Permabanned Array

Congress approves referendum on Puerto Rico future - Yahoo! News

Supposedly sardines are the shit. I remember I used to eat them a lot when I lived with my grandmother. They're good.

The tuna, salmon, and chicken which comes in the foil packets usually keeps for a long time--check expiration date when you buy it. I always take at least one of these backpacking. The sweet and spicy flavored tuna makes great pita pockets which taste like sloppy joes.

I assume you have a stock of water too?

Don't forget the iodine tablets, since an apocalyptic event is likely to involve large-scale use of nuclear weapons.

OMG, now I know for sure I am starvin' because this thread is making me hungry.
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux