User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

we've taken to using avocado in place of cheese lately because it's a healthier fat, ms chickens!

we've also been rather creative with sandwiches without meat recently... healthier foods and such
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    yupp

I love avocado
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

they've been on sale here recently as well... I've been using guacamole as my only sandwich condiment lately... it's actually quite delicious
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    yupp

yeah the organic ones at whole foods been 99 cents recently so I bought a bunch ate them all I love to just cut them and eat them with a spoon delicious snack. I don't usually buy organic but i was like why not and mangos were a dollar each so of course I bought some mangos
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

Quote Originally Posted by mockingbird View Post
    This is one of my favorite recipes from my Italian grandma Annie. She called it "frosia", and I have never been able to find it in any Italian cookboook. It may actually be unique to my family. It's like a frittata, but with a much different texture because of the bread she dissolves in the mixture. I loved eating it with her special Lenten season spaghetti made with lots of fresh fennel right from her own garden. Wonderful memories!

"Frosia"

1 dozen eggs
    1 pkg hot dog buns
    1 small onion, chopped
    1 1/2 cups grated Romano
    1 small handful fresh mint, finely chopped
    salt, pepper, and garlic to taste

Crumble up buns in large mixing bowl. Add other ingredients and mix well. (Dissolve the bread as much as possible. No big lumps). Pour in greased skillet and bake in 350 degree oven for 20 minutes. Cool slightly, turn out upside down onto serving plate and cut into little squares.
    Cool! My dad is 1/2 Italian, but I never got to meet either of his parents (they both died before I was born). I'm excited to try this.

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    how about some vegan recipes? I'm slightly lactose intolerant and I'm trying to cut down on dairy since it gives me gas and loose stools, I know TMI. I found some non-dairy ice cream I like made with coconut milk I can do some dairy like if I do half a bagel with cream cheese I'm fine but much more then that it's not pretty. I also like almond milk in cereal that's good
    Certainly. Vegan as well. I have a good one for this yellow lentil soup that has sweet potatoes and coconut milk that I'll see if I can find. The problem is that I usually just find recipes online and then modify them and forget about them.

MBTI
    yupp

I love lentil soup so i would love that recipe. I'm not vegan I still eat some meat I just don't eat it all the time and my diet was consiting mostly of dairy in replace of meat then it dawned on my my gi distress probably had to do with dairy so I'm looking for other sources of protein.I still eat meat occasionally i can do cheese occasionally but trying to cut down defiently. because the more dairy i do in the day the sicker I feel later.according to my mom whose a nutrietionist that a lot of people who are lactose intolerant can do hard cheese fine since alot of the lactose is gone i don't know what she said exactly.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

Does anyone have a good recipe for falafel? There is this restaurant in town that serves this falafel sandwhich with marinated eggplant, hummus, tomato, lettuce and onion on a pita. It's not only my favorite vegitarian sandwich, it's my favorite sandwhich, period! I'd love to recreate it at home.
    Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana.
    ~ Groucho Marx

MBTI
    yupp

I love falafel, I second this request.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

Oh I think I made it one time! I will see if I can dig up the recipe.

This is another good reason to have the thread (in addition to sharing): I can have all of my recipes for my own future use, no?

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

I cheat and buy pre-made falafel mix. Effort v reward is in check then.