User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Phantonym

Quote Originally Posted by Loxias View Post
    How can there be raw foodist chocolate food?
    Chocolate is made from roasted (and previously fermented) cacao beans as far as I understand it. Can it still be considered raw food?
    It's raw, meaning that the fruits and vegetables used are uncooked and blended together for a mousse. Cocoa powder is most likely used.

Some info I pulled out of the net about raw cocoa powder:

...cocoa powder is made by cold-pressing our highest quality organic raw cacao beans into a cake, which separates the oil from the protein and fiber, making a dark brown paste called chocolate liquor. The temperature is never allowed to exceed 120 degrees Fahrenheit but usually only reaches 113 degrees. A high accuracy thermometer monitors this process. Other cocoa powders can be exposed to temperatures as high as 300 degrees Fahrenheit. Next, the some of the fat is slowly separated into cacao butter and what remains is a cake. This cake or cocoa solid is then cold-milled to become a truly raw organic unsweetened cocoa powder. The powder allows for maximum digestion and antioxidant absorption.

Once the fat has been removed and there are no extra ingredients added, such as sugar, it is the healthiest form of chocolate you will enjoy.
    Source.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

Chocolate contains Phenethylamine (PEA) is a natural monoamine alkaloid, trace amine, and psychoactive drug with stimulant effects. In the mammalian central nervous system, phenethylamine is believed to function as a neuromodulator or neurotransmitter. It is sold as a dietary supplement for purported mood and weight loss-related therapeutic benefits; however, orally ingested phenethylamine is usually inactive on account of extensive first-pass metabolism by monoamine oxidase (MAO) into phenylacetic acid, preventing significant concentrations from reaching the brain. So mix in a little MAO inhibators with your chocolate (preferably those found in nature).

In addition three substances in chocolate and cocoa powder may mimic cannabinoid by activating receptors or increasing anandamide levels. Anandamide is a lipid that binds to cannabinoid receptors and mimics the psychoactive effects of the drug. Chocolate is widely believed to enhance the effect of marijuana. Word on the street is it is best to warm your chocolate canibus brownie in the over and microwave before you munch it num num num...

I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"

failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

^oooh, intp smooth talk.

You forgot to say that PEA is the culprit when you are love sick.
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by aphrodite-gone-awry View Post
    ^oooh, intp smooth talk.

You forgot to say that PEA is the culprit when you are love sick.

I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"

MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

Quote Originally Posted by spamtar View Post

Chocolate and I go way back. It was my first lover. I remember scraping up money and walking to the corner store and (this is really gross) buying a can of chocolate frosting and just eating it with a spoon *euphoric recall* over a couple days, until it was gone. I can still remember the feeling of warmth that enveloped me, and the feeling of peace that came over me. So soothing. Hershey's bars, Hershey's bars with almonds, candy bars with chocolate in them, chocolate "i screams" cookies (don't think they make em anymore), chocolate cake, those YUMMY chocolate bars that kids who play baseball sell, chocolate syrup, my friend's yearly chocolate fudge, chocolate fondue (for bbq's in summer), chocolate brownies, my favorite ice cream of all time--Baskin Robbin's Chocolate Raspberry Truffle-- and the daily handful of frozen chocolate chips.

ahhhhhhhhh

who needs men anyway?
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    3w2

is it weird that I dont like chocolate? I perfer a slice of bread as to a Hershey Kiss.
    "I put the fires out."
    "you made them worse."
    "worse...or better?"

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by BRMC117 View Post
    is it weird that I dont like chocolate? I perfer a slice of bread as to a Hershey Kiss.
    Some people hate chocolate. My ex didn't like it much.

MBTI
    INTP

I adore chocolate.

**55% cocoa dark chocolate is my favorite.

**White chocolate is not chocolate. Don't give me some and act like you gave me chocolate. Because you didn't.

**Hershey's is not great chocolate, but not the worst by a long shot.

**I like fancy expensive chocolates and truffles, but when they taste more like liqueur than chocolate, it's disappointing.

**If I'm promised dessert and then find that chocolate is not a choice (ie: apple pie, bread pudding, creme brulee), I feel cheated. It's like it's not really dessert.

**Cheap Valentine's candy is not worth the calories.

**Chocolate fondue fountains are the best thing ever invented. I want one in my house.

Yes. Yes, it is.
    Something Witty

MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

FREAK!

Quote Originally Posted by Tallulah View Post
    I adore chocolate.

**55% cocoa dark chocolate is my favorite.

**White chocolate is not chocolate. Don't give me some and act like you gave me chocolate. Because you didn't.

**Hershey's is not great chocolate, but not the worst by a long shot.

**I like fancy expensive chocolates and truffles, but when they taste more like liqueur than chocolate, it's disappointing.

**If I'm promised dessert and then find that chocolate is not a choice (ie: apple pie, bread pudding, creme brulee), I feel cheated. It's like it's not really dessert.

**Cheap Valentine's candy is not worth the calories.

**Chocolate fondue fountains are the best thing ever invented. I want one in my house.
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    Life Path 11

songofmary.wordpress.com

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    3w2

Quote Originally Posted by aphrodite-gone-awry View Post
    FREAK!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tallulah View Post
    Yes. Yes, it is.
    *backs away slowly from the thread*
    "I put the fires out."
    "you made them worse."